Dutchs

Well, it decent hands they are unbeatable. Mb Japan can coope with em, but they are also kinda OP. Since like realy of AD lol

Again, in my personal experience, smothering them at their base was really helpful, but now there are 2 problems. The first is that since Dutch received the gold collection upgrade, they have not had so many problems completing their boom, going up to fortress and leaving their base without problems. Before the buff, I used to suffocate them at their bases and it was almost always gg, now I try the same, itā€™s impossible.
The second problem is that several African maps that came out now, allow the Dutch to have more resources and stay longer in their 2x2 square, which makes it even more difficult to suffocate them at their base. Thatā€™s why I think itā€™s a good idea to take away that collection bonus of gold, and if you donā€™t like it, you have to weaken the banks or take out the skirmishes, there has to be some way to punish Dutch.

this thread is completely nonsense lol, dutch the most broken civ in the game xD

1 Like

Since I am the one who brought up rushes as a counter, I should probably point out that by rush, I mean any kind of timing a civ can do. Sure not everyone can do an age2 timing like aztecs can, but an age3 timing with 2 falcs is something I also consider a rush.

But you surely need to delay their banks. I just ended a dutch with lakota and tokala timings in age3, they could not do anything against tokala+axe rider+rifle rider.

1 Like

Fair point, I guess my choice of words was rather poor. I personally tend to view FFs as just another type of rush since you usually donā€™t build but minimal infrastructure behind it, and only the most advanced players can transition to a macro game if the initial FF push with the falcs fails or stalls.

In all fairness, I do find Dutch and most boomy civs challenging, and I lose more often than not against them (I main Spanish, and use Ports as my secondary civ), but Dutch are not my black beast. That title goes hands down to Swedes, although I havenā€™t played much since the last patch due to technical problems with my laptop, so I am not aware how deeply have they been hit by the latest round of nerfs.

TY DEVS!

4 Likes

How is Holland now? Itā€™s always hard for me to beat Holland, but not if itā€™s OP, or Iā€™m very bad XD.

They are more ā€œdefeatableā€ now, also as long as they have a skirmish with 20 range available in commercial age they will always be OP.

Curiously, before the 20% pickup buff high level players and a significant part of this beautiful forum argued that dutch was not competitive, after all, not only were the main buffs reverted, but Dutch was further nerfed compared to before.

Now dutch is not as popular as before, but we can say that he is balanced.

1 Like

I think this is why one is forced to go ā€˜fast to fortressesā€™, because rushing rarely works. Wall of banks and houses and you donā€™t even need boobies.

Dutch are fine right now since the recent nerfs I think, before they were far too strong.