Dynasties of India DLC + Discussion

Tech tree of the new Hindustanis

3 Likes

Its in the the tech tree

Gurjaras heavy camels are going to be insane.
-25% food cost, +4 ma, +50% bonus damage.

9 Likes

Damn, looking at the file names Iā€™m so disappointed in myself I didnā€™t just try slamming the words together and adding 4k to the end. :rofl:

I wonder why the Blacksmith techs are reorganised.

Siege Elephant? Or Ghulam? :thinking:

i would like to persians get Siege ele, Archer ele and battle ele. That would cover WE weakness
but maybe WE + AE would be ultra OP bcoz SE and AE cover the weak points of WE perfectly

Dravidians ignoring armor for FU Champs and Halbs is also going to be insane. If you donā€™t have good ranged units, GL doing anything vs their halbs.

While I think the previous two DLCs had civs that were somewhat alright/balanced at launch, I feel like these civs might be like The Last Khans, completely broken. xd

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. The camel are good, but itā€™s hard to win a game with only camels :wink:
The civ has a lot of uniqueness and versatility, but none of the common power units as an option, thatā€™s why I actually think they will be the ā€œweakestā€ of the civs on the ladder. But thatā€™s ok to me.
The Bengalis and Hindustanis will probably more likely receive a nerf after figured out. Dravidians coul possibly receive even a buff on land maps.

But they lack the last attack upgrade

Few things I dislike:

1. Hindustanis losing Parthian Tactics. Cav Archers were always one of their identity. I donā€™t care about losing Elephant Archers even though it is weird.
  2. Dravidians are supposed to be the best Elephant Archer civ but they will suck without Husbandry and Bloodlines.

We only have 3 Steppe Lancer civs and this unit is useless anyway.

Gurjaras seem to be completely broken

2 Likes

So Caravanserai cannot create Trade carts or garrison them. Seems very underwhelming. It would be better if Hindusthani Markets could be upgraded to Caravanserai (Like Docks to Harbors) through unique tech in the market. As it boosts Trade Cart speed and heals them it could be unique upgrade after Caravan Tech.

If camels are nerfed they will have nothing against cav as they already lack pikes and halbs

3 Likes

What is the purpose of the Caravanserai? I couldnā€™t find it anywhere.

Yeah but +9 attack on cav on imp is a lot

1 Like

Caravanserai ā€“ Economic building. Heals and increases speed of Trade Carts in a 10 tile radius. Unique building of the Hindustanis.

3 Likes

It is completely useless xD It is nice for decoration though

1 Like

EX-AOE2 player here . . .

just wanted to know will there be totalā€¦

4 Indian Civs ? (Gurjara/Dravid/Bengali/ Indians renamed to Hindustani)

OR

3 Indian civs ? (Gurjara/Dravid/Bengali and Indians will be deleted )

1 Like

It increases the speed of the trade carts so the trade is more efficient.
It also helps against trade raids, which is very useful.

2 Likes