E3 2018

Next E3 is coming up and Phil Spencer said “MS Will have the best show ever”. Do you think it’s time to see new infos about AOE4?

I mean, Relic is working on it since 2016 and we don’t know anything.

Yes, I think & hope we’ll see something new about Age of Empires 4.
I can’t imagine, that Microsoft is working on another big thing like Aoe4, that simultaneously guarantees such a big interest at the moment…

Can you send the link to this Spencer statement, please?

@GameSkillar said:
Yes, I think & hope we’ll see something new about Age of Empires 4.
I can’t imagine, that Microsoft is working on another big thing like Aoe4, that simultaneously guarantees such a big interest at the moment…

Can you send the link to this Spencer statement, please?

@nonlosojimmy said:
Next E3 is coming up and Phil Spencer said “MS Will have the best show ever”. Do you think it’s time to see new infos about AOE4?

I mean, Relic is working on it since 2016 and we don’t know anything.

Hello! the E3 is always a good opportunity to let the fans know about the news on the videogame market! AoE is perhaps one of the best microsoft franchise: it is practically certain (even if not yet official) that will release information on AoE 4 or at least on the continuation of the Definitive Edition of the 2 or 3 chapter of the series!

Thanks

If there is, baby I am buying a ticket this year. Last time I went to E3 was during AOE 3. Loved when I had my hands on there newly made age game. Best time of my life.

@nonlosojimmy said:
Next E3 is coming up and Phil Spencer said “MS Will have the best show ever”. Do you think it’s time to see new infos about AOE4?

I mean, Relic is working on it since 2016 and we don’t know anything.

POSSIBLE LIST OF TITLES THAT WILL BE SHOWN BY MICROSOFT (RUMOR):

where is AoE 4? we hope it will be announced soon! however this source is not official!

@CostlierParrot3 said:

@nonlosojimmy said:
Next E3 is coming up and Phil Spencer said “MS Will have the best show ever”. Do you think it’s time to see new infos about AOE4?

I mean, Relic is working on it since 2016 and we don’t know anything.

POSSIBLE LIST OF TITLES THAT WILL BE SHOWN BY MICROSOFT (RUMOR):

https://www.everyeye.it/notizie/e3-2018-trapela-in-rete-lista-dei-titoli-che-verranno-presentati-microsoft-rumor-327905.html

where is AoE 4? we hope it will be announced soon! however this source is not official!

I really Hope they’ll show something. My hype is dying

Don’t get your ‘hypes’ up too high. :wink:

Aoe4 Will probably be showed at e3 2018 but It Will also be playable on Xbox too.

It’s not a good idea, imho.

Hmmmm. It’ll certainly be interesting to see if this E3 Nostradamus gets his predictions right again. I’m not sure I have an opinion about playing aoe4 on an xbox with a keyboard and mouse. Why not, I suppose.

Klorbille made good previsions in the past. We’ll see. Personalmente, i don’t like a Xbox version. AOE is a PC game. Focus should be on this platform.

@nonlosojimmy said:
Klorbille made good previsions in the past. We’ll see. Personalmente, i don’t like a Xbox version. AOE is a PC game. Focus should be on this platform.

hello, I remember very well when it was stated that AoE 4 is developed with the goal of being a PC game. No wonder it came out on Xbox, after all we are always at home microsoft! Let’s hope it does not come out a title like Halo wars 2, also declared for PC, but obviously designed mainly for Xbox!

It was officially stated AoE4 will be a PC exclusive game, why are we still spreading false rumours?

@IamDalv said:
It was officially stated AoE4 will be a PC exclusive game, why are we still spreading false rumours?

hi, you’re right, actually nothing official. it’s just a prediction of klobrille:

There is probably going to be no news about aoe4 at E3. Maybe, just maybe they could be showing one or two small screenshots but that is about it. Unless they really have been working on AOE4 since 2016, like the starter of this topic is saying. I don’t think that is the case since Relic Entertainment has launched Dawn Of War 3 in april 2017 after 4 years of development.

Let’s not forget that the making of aoe4 was announced at gamescom 2017, which is like 8 months ago. They also announced aoe2 definitive edition and aoe3 definitive edition. AOE1 def edition was released just a short while ago, which means that it will be hard to release aoe2 DE or aoe3 DE anytime soon… This is work for ZERO-Empires, which is a small company that is doing the definitive edition remakes.

Relic entertainment is the studio that is working on aoe4 with about 20-25 people. Let’s say they where working on AOE4 4 months before their gamescom announcement (which is pushing it, because they released Dawn of war 3 in 2017). That means that they had at most 1 year of development, which may be enough to produce some screenshots, but they are more then likely in pre-alpha fase right now, which means that the basic art of the game hasn’t been finished yet. It is likely for an RTS game like this to take at least 3 years of development, which means no AOE4 before spring 2020.

But ofcourse i hope i am wrong and AOE4 is going to be launched much sooner.

@BAJOLI said:
There is probably going to be no news about aoe4 at E3. Maybe, just maybe they could be showing one or two small screenshots but that is about it. Unless they really have been working on AOE4 since 2016, like the starter of this topic is saying. I don’t think that is the case since Relic Entertainment has launched Dawn Of War 3 in april 2017 after 4 years of development.

Let’s not forget that the making of aoe4 was announced at gamescom 2017, which is like 8 months ago. They also announced aoe2 definitive edition and aoe3 definitive edition. AOE1 def edition was released just a short while ago, which means that it will be hard to release aoe2 DE or aoe3 DE anytime soon… This is work for ZERO-Empires, which is a small company that is doing the definitive edition remakes.

Relic entertainment is the studio that is working on aoe4 with about 20-25 people. Let’s say they where working on AOE4 4 months before their gamescom announcement (which is pushing it, because they released Dawn of war 3 in 2017). That means that they had at most 1 year of development, which may be enough to produce some screenshots, but they are more then likely in pre-alpha fase right now, which means that the basic art of the game hasn’t been finished yet. It is likely for an RTS game like this to take at least 3 years of development, which means no AOE4 before spring 2020.

But ofcourse i hope i am wrong and AOE4 is going to be launched much sooner.

Zeroempires is YouTuber, you mean Forgotten Empires. AoE4 is developing by Relic Entertainment not that little modder studio.

@Augustusman is correct (though perhaps a bit harsh calling them “that little modder studio” :stuck_out_tongue: ). The development of AOE 4, as far as we know, has little to nothing to do with the Definitive Edition series.

As for how long AOE 4 has been in development, well, that’s a big unknown. It is entirely possible that Relic had people working on it even during the DOW 4 process. Remember that they have been in the business for a darn long time, so they could have the resources to get their pre-production in order while DOW 3 was in the works. Also remember that they are not creating an entirely new engine (unless I’m mistaken, didn’t they say they were using the same engine they used in COH 2 and DOW 3? Correct me if I’m wrong…), so they aren’t exactly starting from square 0. That isn’t to say they are already at the finish line, just that simple matters like not having to re-invent the tech again probably makes it easier for them to juggle both projects.

I’d say that the fact that they even announced AOE 4 at all means they are close to having something to show. You don’t start loading the hype train on something like this with no follow up plan at all, and E3 is sort of the defacto day for any sort of follow up. I mean, heck, they didn’t even just ‘announce’ AOE 4, they made a whole bonafide teaser trailer.

With all of that said, to be perfectly honest, I’d really be okay with not seeing AOE 4 this E3, as long as I get a look at AOE 2 DE. I am -way- more hyped about THAT project.

@BAJOLI said:
There is probably going to be no news about aoe4 at E3. Maybe, just maybe they could be showing one or two small screenshots but that is about it. Unless they really have been working on AOE4 since 2016, like the starter of this topic is saying. I don’t think that is the case since Relic Entertainment has launched Dawn Of War 3 in april 2017 after 4 years of development.

Let’s not forget that the making of aoe4 was announced at gamescom 2017, which is like 8 months ago. They also announced aoe2 definitive edition and aoe3 definitive edition. AOE1 def edition was released just a short while ago, which means that it will be hard to release aoe2 DE or aoe3 DE anytime soon… This is work for ZERO-Empires, which is a small company that is doing the definitive edition remakes.

Relic entertainment is the studio that is working on aoe4 with about 20-25 people. Let’s say they where working on AOE4 4 months before their gamescom announcement (which is pushing it, because they released Dawn of war 3 in 2017). That means that they had at most 1 year of development, which may be enough to produce some screenshots, but they are more then likely in pre-alpha fase right now, which means that the basic art of the game hasn’t been finished yet. It is likely for an RTS game like this to take at least 3 years of development, which means no AOE4 before spring 2020.

But ofcourse i hope i am wrong and AOE4 is going to be launched much sooner.

Relic started works on Aoe4 before Dow3 release

“> Relic started works on Aoe4 before Dow3 release”

Artists could have finished their work on DOW3 earlier then the game itself. That’s likely to be the case, but that doesn’t mean the entire studio was working on it. Lets say the entire studio switched from DOW3 around april 2017, around the release of DOW3.

“>You don’t start loading the hype train on something like this with no follow up plan at all, and E3 is sort of the defacto day for any sort of follow up.”

I actually do believe that Relic entertainment sincerely believes that starting a hypetrain on AOE4 would also give them higher sales numbers on dawn of war 3 and other games of relic.

“>They made a whole bonafide teaser trailer.”

It was just an artist impression without the game engine itself being shown. If you think aoe4 is being released soon you may have a tough 2 years ahead of you. Another option is that relic is going to rush aoe4 out as soon as possible to avoid going bankrupt (if the rumors are correct). In such case you can expect a 60 dollar game with 3 civs and 20 dollar civ DLC’s, just to do a quick money grab. The latter i wouldn’t prefer.