Eagle Civs vs Hindustanis (Ghulams)

Infantry units really don’t stack up quite enough to make the pass through significant and cavalry units are too large for it work at all.

2 Likes

perhaps a slight nerf? maybe -1p armor and make collision hitbox bigger similar to how they nerfed steppe lancer back in the days.

with collision hitbox larger it’ll do worse in a melee combat with other infantry units but I doubt that’ll do much. ghulam got speed so it doesnt have to engage against other infantry if it doesnt want to.

Ghulams stacking doesn’t matter, they don’t have range

since hindustanis don’t get the last armor upgrade, they end up with the same pierce armor as elite eagles, so i don’t think that the pierce armor is too op.

i’ve done some calculations on 1v1 ghulams vs eagles (all fully upgraded)
aztecs: both need 5 hits to kill each other, so whoever gets the 1st hit wins, i’ll call this a tie
incas: they still die in 5 hits (fabric shields doesn’t matter) while they need 7 hits to kill a ghulam, so they lose
mayans: they die in 8 hits while also needing 7 hits to kill the ghulam, so they win.

i think making shatagni a little more expensive is the solution for a nerf to hindustanis (not only for these particular matchups). it’s effect is a lot better than before the dlc, so raising the cost seems good to me.

Well, I guess with the results being so close even for El Dorado Eagles, it means that Ghulams will still have the upper hand if bigger groups fight it out, because they can hit multiple targets at once.

In my eyes at least reducing the Ghulam’s bonus damage to +1 against Eagles is necessary. But raising the cost of Shatagni could work as well, even thought that would only change things in Imp.

Ghulams are still locked to a Castle, so I’d say Aztecs also win because they can just mass produce. I’d expect Inca to lose (but they have other options than Eagles).

How people like to overreact Hindustani Hand Cannons because of 9 range after investing resources + chemistry.

I present to you the Castle age Jannissary, drop a castle and create some of them (that are trained faster + get alone 8 range= outrange everything in castle age).

Look how the turn tables. Before DoI, Indians were very poor against meso civs.