Eagle warriors should not benefit from arson

I mean i wouldn’t research it. But if he’s got an army coming its a quick fix

And yet in many rts games the most important building has weak defense.
Sc/sc2. Various command and Conquer games. Warcraft 3. Age of everything. Empire earth. Rise of nations. Homeworld. Do i need to continue?

All these games you can take down their most important buildings without an entire army.

But more importantly. Why should we all of a dudden make such a huge change to the game?

Let’s face it, 100HP 8PA Mayan EEW are OP for that price, I talk as a unit, NOT AS THE CIV

Building are too strong in aoe2 when compared to other RTS titles. It would be better to add more dmg vs buildings to units that do not have it - that would make it balanced, right?

As for the Mayans FU EEW, its fine. Its a big investment to get El Dorado, it should feel strong. Not overpowered and if the game is competitive in any way you should have cost-efficient counters. There is no way to be surprised by FU EEW considering how limited the options are with Mayans - unless you fell asleep during the game and your oponent could invest pop-space and over 4k resources to train units and you didnt notice.

Infantry and Siege,

Buildings and Defenses being strong, is one of the highlights of teh AoE series.