Eagles need a small nerf

And this is what my topic about, you can’t catch up with Eagles with their trash food cost, and 35 will be fine because people make skirms and pikes which they are 35 food, a unit like Eagle cost 20 food is something very stupid

1 Like

Maybe you should give it a try first before claiming eagles would be op, man. I’m bored of this kind of conversation, you claim things before even trying it.
LS work really fine vs eagle raids and that’s the thing to worry about when facing mesos.

Yeah everybody is stupid except You. You check the game without even trying any strats you just don’t like.
Why everybody talks about knight rush, but almost nobody about eagle rush? Becaus eagles are OP? Really?

3 Likes

It seems you didn’t understand at all what my topic means. Who said that i am talking about the Eagle itself as a unit?! I am talking about COSTS did you understand?! And who told you that no one talk about Eagles rush?! The unit need a food cost to be increased, 20food cost is a joke

1 Like

Eagles are not as versatile or powerful as knight. It has a low base attack. Its role tends to be a counter to archers and siege. It has no base melee armor and weak to melee units. By increasing food cost from 20 to 35 (75% food cost increase), Meso will produce 45% less eagles given the same amount of food. This will greatly weaken them when facing archers and siege in castle age. Xbow is dominating together with Knight in castle age meta. Direct Eagle nerf will definitely downgrade Meso civs.

2 Likes

Yesh especially Eagles are:

-Tanks kill under TC ez.
-Melt buildings
-Fast
-Trash cost
-Kill Monks
-Kill Siege
-Very ez to mass

Where is the “is not more versatile” that are you talking about?!!!

Eagles with 35 food will be more than fine, and if you fear that they will be weak, then decrease their gold cost to 45.

1 Like

Eagles themselves are fine. They are really expensive for what they actually do. If you mass eagles, you will burn through your gold piles very quickly. So if you consistently get defeated by eagles, you need to work on holding/defending your base better. With someone going full eagles, they’ll run out of steam reasonably fast.

2 Likes

Knights are better than eagles with a similar TT, while eagles die faster against xbow because their lower hp, and they are slower than a horse… so its not so bad in castle age.

The EGW is a lot better, specially with mayan UT or aztec one, but at that point you probably have either at least 2HS with supplies or HC.

I Don’t think they need any change

1 Like

except for the last patch, and the patch before that, and the patch before that, and the…

seriously the only meso civ that hasn’t been dunked on for the last five months continuously is the Incas, who are not popping up as the problem. They have eagles too. Why would we isolate them as the problem?

5 Likes

The Incas, the civ that is the highest in winrate (and winrate charts are the best thing ever aren’t they) among the meso civs and yet received the least nerfs. What are the devs waiting to burn the witch Kappa.

2 Likes

biggest problem that makes countering eagles difficult is actually the monks

they’re extremely effective vs longswords/knights

Also has slight extra attack vs cavalry and are infantry units, so they don’t have a hard counter except maybe HC, But late in the Game…
So yes i agree, eagles are much better unit than knights.

1 Like

I consider LS a mediocre counter vs eagles… Eagles can outrun them so easily…

Eagles are simply not good vs melee units. While Knight are strong even facing their counter, pikes. Their all-rounded stats (high HP, high attack) can deal with almost every situation.

1 Like

??? his point was that if you don’t laugh at pikes vs knights it makes no sense to laugh about longswords vs eagles for being too slow when knights are faster than eagles and you respond by…comparing pike speed to that of eagles for some reason?

knights do literally more than half of these better than eagles lol

Surely the same excuse of saying that militia line isn’t effective vs Eagles because they’re too slow is the exact same as saying pikes vs knights since same as the Eagle scenario no1 charges 10 knights into 20 pikes. Eagles are fine outside of maybe imp eldorado ones and castle eagles can still be hit alright by massed xbow similar to knights. Being such a gold orientated unit means yes it might be easy to finance since gold is gathered faster in Castle it means you run out of your gold piles quickly.

1 Like

I would honestly like to see a stamina bar for eagles (and plumes + gbetos and even woads), meaning they can only run so far before having to slow down and recharge. Some would need a correlating buff but it would just add to the realism of the game which could go a long way.

What do you mean here? Do Mayan eagle warriors get extra attack bonus vs. the knight line or do they just happen to win 1v1 with the El Dorado tech and all blacksmith upgrades?

Absolutely, you should consider it because it’s one of the best counters to trash, eagles and huskarls. However, understand that nobody laughs at Pikes Vs. Knights because pikes cost 0 gold and have 24 attack bonus vs. them.

Assuming a castle age pike and a knight are fully upgraded, a Pike does 26 damage to a generic knight.

The militia line is largely situational and gets countered by a lot of units. The combination is usually archers + pikes (to counter cavalry) or Siege onager + halberdier → Eagle warriors counter this combo unlike any non-meso/non-Byzantines civilization.

Actually, they are. Pikes are a trash unit. You can’t compare both. Pikes do their job of countering cavalry very well. Militia line costs gold, has 4 line upgrades and doesn’t do as good a job at what it’s supposed to counter.

Again, the Knight player can add Pikes which are a trash unit. Longswordsmen are not a trash unit.

Knights also cost 60 food, 75 gold… unlike an Eagle Warrior.

This, but only cost efficiently, and you don’t need much to tip the odds around. For instance Teuton and Sicilian cavaliers (only take two less damage compared to generic one) absolutely dominate Mayan eagles.

Replace pike/halb by longswords/champions and guess what? You counter mesos now!

That’s my point. They do that but literally nothing else. While with longswords you can actually raze stuff when it’s time to attack.

Merely the cheapest on gold among gold units.

2 handed swords do counter elite eagles just fine so it’s not like you have to wait forever to start kicking butt, and how are they not good when they are both cost and pop efficient, unlike halbs who are only cost efficient.

Knights aren’t locked behind an upgrade and have better stats tho. Both units have different advantages and that’s fine.

1 Like

Champs are not a trash unit, bruh. That makes a difference.

As a lone unit, Champions are superior. As part of a good army composition, Halberdiers are essential… and Champions are not. If someone wants a raw power unit, the Knight line is way better.

Almost the cheapest unit. Kerambits are the exception.

True, that. Yes… both units got their benefits.
Eagles can be created right in feudal age but require Eagle warrior upgrade in the Castle age.