Eastern Roman Empire

Venice was a maritime republic and yes can be called city state but still italian civ, we even fought angaist the holy roman empire why it shoud be rapresented by them when it de facto had absolutely nothing to do with it ?
Do even people read history or just make it by themself?

1 Like

This is a game about empires, and with fewer civs now than all the other games, it’s unlikely they would go for very local campaigns when there’s so many empires that conquered or expanded left and right to be represented.

1 Like

Absolutely i understand that but The Republic of Venice was there for more than 1 millenia and it her contribution in europa is very important we cant deny we have to thanks italians for the rinascimento and reinventing Arts and inventings so many things in that era nobody could do it until today. Leaving Italians behind is a insult and almost racist at this point. Oh england was not an empire atleast in the middle ages. Relic is english of course they will put them thats why i see some hate for italians here.

1 Like

Please, let’s try to behave like adults here and more respectfully. Every civilization was important for the world that is today. Rumour has it the Holy Roman Empire is probably going to be in the game. So there you have it, Italians too. While that might not tick your boxes exactly, lets not throw tantrums here like children that your specific civ is not in the game.

Ehm Italians are very important from the dark ages to rinascimento. Italians Civilization should be in this game, italians in AoE never been rapressented and the HRE has nothing to do with italians again.

1 Like

There’s Italians in AoE 2. Anyway, I dont want to continue this.

same can be said for england (britons), chinese, holy roman empire and Sultan of Hindustan (aka delhi sultanate) so love how people is still incoherent about italians.

ps why i have to go back playing a 20 years old game ? you can do it by yourself lol for now I see 2 North European faction while 0 southerns.

1 Like

I am italian too, thankfully we are not all so stubborn like this dude.

Venice would be cool but totally not in the 8 most representative empires you can think of for the whole of the middle ages. AOE2 already has the Italians as umbrella for the northern states (clearly already a mash of Genoa + Venice + Tuscany) and Sicilians to cover the southern regions plus the historical Lepanto battle, so I’d say Venice has a decent presence. You can make an argument to have Venice separate but then you are gonna start a whole thing about PapalState/Bavaria/Saxony/Rus/Polish/Wallachian/Scots/ and down to the infinitesimal subdivision of historical relevance.

3 Likes

One stupid decision isn’t an excuse for another, with how few civs this game is likely to have, Venice. Very small population compared to KINGDOMS and EMPIRES and the only impact they had was helped the European economy. If that is the baseline for civs than we could have hundreds of civs in the game. It is not one I think should be in the base game or early dlcs.

@GusTank04 same can be said for the vikings
I didnt ask to be on the main game atleast a DLC or expasion i will not play a 2d games in 2021.
I know already Relic thats why i was asking if relic want to appease all the audience add atleast the italian civ/Eastern roman empire no need to be in the main game it’s okkey im fine with it
my fault i didnt specify good my bad.
@afgenovese
this is a thread about AoE 4 not AoE 2 yes im stubborn i cant do anything about it i have all the right to express myself like i want im not breaking any forum rules.

1 Like

Well the point is, that in AOE4 they are only gonna have 8 Civs for the entire middle ages world (at least in the start game). So we have English (North Europe), Mongols (Nomads), Chinese (Asians), Delhi Indians (South Asia). My personal guess is that we will see something like Aztecs (Americas), Saracens/Arabs (Middle East), HRE (Central/Eastern europe), and then one more for Southern Europe. Byzantines are the obvs choice as they were the biggest most important in that sphere.

2 Likes

In order that campaigns focus on the great battles of Middle Age: Chinese vs English
Delhi vs Aztecs ehheheh.
anyway i think that the problem with the faction “italians”, is that include too many factions, the most importants includes
4 sea republics (Venice, Pisa; Amalfi, Genoa); Milan and the Lombard League; Florence, Papal state

2 Likes

Not really, Vikings impacted almost all of Europe, especially Britain.
Just because you refuse to play a game doesn’t mean that the civ you want has to be forced into another game to appease you.

Viking are pirate or raider whatever you want are not an empire or kingdom you are talking about norse civilization.
If for you all europe mean scandinavia, british isle, france and estonia and a little part of rus you are missing some part of europe i cant deny they gave us saga and some other awesome things.

Same can be said for Venetians,
Venice became the wealthiest city in Europe and maintained the largest navy in the Mediterranean by 1200. It was very democratic for the time and its institutions and laws were by contemporary standards very equitable.
Venice was essential in this remarkable(rinascimento) era as its trade networks helped to create the wealth that laid the foundations for the cultural flourishing. Moreover, the city was pivotal in the development of the printing press and print culture in Italy. Finally, the Republic of Venice the schools for painters, architects, and sculptures created some finest work in Italy during the High Renaissance (1490-1550).

Hope in the future to have both civilization with DLC I will be happy to buy it oh and Eastern Roman Empire too

3 Likes

A little exaggeration but they did impact a good chunk of European countries.

The Norse homelands were also unified into larger kingdoms during the Viking Age, and the short-lived North Sea Empire included large swathes of Scandinavia and Britain. Several things drove this expansion. The Vikings were drawn by the growth of wealthy towns and monasteries overseas, and weak kingdoms.

1 Like

@GusTank04 at this point Norsca/Norse(Vikings) and venetians deserve to be in game more than other civilizations

1 Like

I wouldn’t have Vikings be in base game, a separate dlc

yes of course as DLC or Expasion

The Byzantines say hello.

I liked your comment about Venice being absent a sign of racism towards Italians xD

It’ll be interesting to see who the first DLC civs are: my bets are on Vikings, Byzantines, Aztecs and Japanese.

2 Likes

Aztecs won’t be in unless Spanish come in. I think first DLC will be: Vikings, Byzantines, Japanese, Khmer

5 Likes