Elephant Archers have gotten more changes we have assumed

tldr:
Nerfs:
-1 pierce armor
-50 Hitpoints
5 less Cav Archer Armor (Skirms deal +5 damage vs them)
Nine seconds extra training time
No bonus damage vs Buildings
Elite Research +20 seconds
Buffs:
Cost 10 less food
+0.1 movement speed

8 Likes

This makes sense, seeing as they arent made at a castle. This is still more buff then nerf.

Not a fan of these.

This is pure win.

5 Likes

Overall reasonable changes considering it has turned from a UU to a Regional Unit. The discount will make them easier to produce early on but less overpowered when massed on closed maps.
Extra movement speed is gold.

3 Likes

This one is disastrous…
Look how my boy has been massacred…

Skirmishers do 8 damage vs Elephant Archers (4 from Archer Bonus Damage and 4 from Cavalry Archer Bonus Damage - EA-s already have -2 Cav Archer Armor)

After the nerf, it is going to be 13.

3 Likes

It is interesting to see that the “Elephant Archer Civ” Dravidians have weaker Elephant Archers than Bengalis.

Bengali Elephant Archers perform better against Ranged Units, while both Bengali and Gurjara EA-s perform better against Melee Units accoding to the video.

1 Like

To a unit with 280 health minimum. Its going to take 22 shots to die minimum.

2 Likes

No one used them before and no one will be using them now. they just got worse then before
one way they can buff ea might be by giving them hill advantage(as archers are at height above ele)
or may be 2 archers on 1 ele just like towers in aoe4
and/or may be just add parthian tactics to all

2 Likes

Me neither.
Elite upgrade is already super expensive at 1000f 800g, nerfing also the time it needs seems really overkill.
Removing the damage vs buildings seems also bad, at least for the elite version, for the castle age version I can get some reasons behind it, like camping enemy TCs with 4 PA and 230hp might be problematic.

4 Likes

Just a reminder to the sky is falling group, even the worst of them against archers still beat arbs cost effectively…

Changes id like to see
Small bonus damage vs spears.
Elite cost reduction.

Thats it

2 Likes

:sob: Why, devs
Castle age skirmishers will now do +13 bonus damage vs Elephant Archers, thats MASSIVE
It used to be +8 bonus damage and they used to have +1 PA and +50hp all of these combined

Pre nerf EA - Castle Age EA survives 280/9 = 32 hits from ESkirm.
Post nerf EA - Castle Age EA survives 230/15 = 16 hits from ESkirm.

They HALVED the tanking capacity of my boy, nooooooo why devs

1 Like

To me Elephants are and always have been more of an “endgame” or team game unit that’s highly population-efficient and excels on closed maps.

I want to see:
Revert pierce armor, skimisher damage and HP

Give Gurjaras Ring Archer Armor and Dravidians Parthian Tactics.

1 Like

230 to 280 health unit minimum that is much easier to mass.

Hmm. I wonder why.

Youre still gonna sink so much pop into skirms to try to beat them that way that a few mixed in (insert melee cavalry here) will laugh at thrm.

5 Likes

It used to be +8 bonus damage and they used to have +1 PA and +50hp all of these combined

Pre nerf EA - Castle Age EA survives 280/9 = 32 hits from ESkirm.
Post nerf EA - Castle Age EA survives 230/15 = 16 hits from ESkirm.

They HALVED the tanking capacity of my boy, nooooooo why devs
This unit was the least powerful of all UUs

Wow so now you have a unit that has 7 to 9 pa, is easy to mass up, beats the snot out of archers even harder, and takes 42 shots for skirms to kill mininum…

Yeah…

2 Likes

Yes but when you have no knights or cavalry archers you’re not left with many options, Gurjaras have camels at least, but they’re not knights.
If you rule out elephants you’re basically left with light cav, infantry and archers. Infantry sucks and light cav can’t really be used as shock unit, so you’re left with archers as your go-to gold unit.
SEA civs have knights, to them elephants are just end game units for team games (except Malay), as you said.

2 Likes

Not true at all…

ESkirms will do 15 damage per shot now, thats incredible

It is one of the worst unit in the game already, a unit that is insanely expensive to upgrade/make will never mass easily.

To Dravidians. To Gurjaras 17.

1 Like

Really? Im talking with akosaas changes smart one.

Just because its hard to mass doesnt mean it should be impossible to kill when you get there

1 Like

No what he said is simply not true
EA dies in 16 hits from ESkirm…