Enchanted Grove biome doesn't fit

Literally all those other things you state are NOT fantasy and are real yearly events.

Glowing trees and giant white magical deer aren’t, though.

An upcoming cringe villager appreciation event is coming as well. I don’t know when will we get more PVE modes or new campaigns. The game is focusing solely on the PVP and matchmaking. I was even forced to play Ranked just to get the taunts. It was a horror experience since I’m getting older, I no longer have the energy to play 1v1 ranked games.

2 Likes

Count me among those who aren’t crazy about this new “Enchanted Forest” biome. I’m always happy for new content in AoE4, but I’d rather see new biomes from the real world (esp. tropical and savanna biomes) than Diet Pandora. Seems like the devs have their priorities in the wrong order.

2 Likes

at this point this shouldn’t suprise anyone

not a fan of forcing ranked on people like this either, and yes, locking casual rewards behind the ranked like this is an attempt to artificially inflate player population on the ladder, its not natural or healthy for the game to do that, nothing wrong with smt ranked specific, but having casual challenge rewards demand ranked or even quickplay (also ranked that doesn’t tell you exact elo, for the same tryhard crowd) is just not ok, its okay to have it available in multiple areas (translation, singleplayer AND multiplayer, not just 1 or the other), but this isn’t the way developers

1 Like

It’s amazing how many posts in this thread are completely predictable, haha.

Firmly onboard with people who want more PvE stuff, though. I don’t like having to do MP to unlock things either.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the issue here, they are giving the players a new biome to play around with and by the sound of it seems to be limited time only, so what’s the issue here exactly?

Don’t like it? Simple don’t use it. Let others enjoy it who will.

4 Likes

I like the biome, I just hope they just keep it for quick match and custom and not for ranked game. The biome looks gorgeous, but it will make it much harder to tell what is going on some times

They did mention that it won’t show up in ranked, so no need to worry about that

To keep things fair for competitive ranked play, the Enchanted Grove biome will not be available on ranked maps.

3 Likes

Well,in AoEO you have mummys and the Headless Horseman in the Halloween event with dozens of missions for him and the game still be a historical ancient era game…I don’t see the problem for a simple magical deer that appear in a only one unique event biome…

3 Likes

They just added two new biomes a couple patches ago…

Stuff like this just seems like proof that some people just want to complain about anything.

2 Likes

it is cool feature but its wrong time to work on things like that,first do a rotatable buildings,add different type of animals ext. ext. after these make a fantasy map even add orcs and elfs too as a playable race too

1 Like