Enhanced Logging Build Doesn't Allow Playing With Main Branch Players

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.5558.0 (#71094) 9741562
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Contrary to the info mentioned here (📌 [HOW TO] Use the Enhanced Logging Build to generate Networking Logs (Disconnects)), the Enhanced Logging Build doesn’t allow users to play with those on the main branch. This makes it difficult/impossible to use for generating logging information.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Switch to the Enhanced Logging Build, go to the multiplayer screens (Lobby Browser or Spectate Games), and witness that no one anywhere in the world at anytime wants to play or is playing AoE2 online except for you. :thinking:

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

On an unrelated note, regardless of branch, the Select Civilization dialog causes very high GPU Usage even though the FPS cap out at 36 FPS. Closing that dialog returns the game to very-low/low GPU usage.

Lastly, does the Enhanced Logging Build capture performance information? I was trying to switch to it because of two performance issues related issues that force me to close the game. One causes all of my screens (I have a multi-monitor setup) to go black for 15-60 seconds before partially returning to normal. When it occurs, it typically happens 5-10 seconds after queuing. The other is a massive performance drop that occurs occasionally but only when playing against the AI.

1 Like

It seems to be outdated, the current build is 73855 and the enhanced logging build is 71094. I talked with the team about this. Thanks for your report! :slight_smile: