Envoys broken OP now

It seems the new Dutch meta is envoy rushing in age 1 with envoys now that blunderbuss oddly and stupidly affect their hand attack. They go from 5 to 8 hand attack. Having 4 or 5 envoys with 8 hand attack in your base before 2 minutes is like having a 1100 hp uhlan raiding you in age1. Why was this necessary? This is the pinnacle of cheesing/laming.
Please revert this change.
Anyone else experience being lamed with this strat?

5 Likes

Haven’t seen that since they fixed the first round of envoy lame last year. Perhaps the original fix was reversed.

Maybe we will see native scout Rush also :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s very frustrating.
They force you to idle but they’re so tanky and cost efficient that it really screws you as there’s no way to deal with them in age1

1 Like

Con los españoles puedes usar perros, con los aztecas exploradores águila, en el caso de los franceses puedes usar a sus coreur des bois, y si eres italiano trata de hacer un destacamento enseguida, y con los malteses lo mismo.

It’s always amazing when people find these little changes and change the whole nature of the game.

10 Likes

rather than revert, next patch vills will just have 3x vs envoys instead

edit:someone check if nootka bark and pioneers stack hp on these wooden shoe lads too

3 Likes

The change was phrased something like “all vill hp attack upgrades affect envoys now”, so yes.

1 Like

Blunderbuss is probably the one tech that I just about never use.

1 Like

or just make envoys Ă—0.1 against vills.

They role should be only exploring.

5 Likes

I’ve tried it and it’s quite useless, still takes awhile to get hp low and then the amount you’ve idled just 1 vill isn’t worth all the food invested in envoys if you’ve made 4 more.

los aldeanos encima tienen resistencia cuerpo a cuerpo y fácilmente puede bajar a un emisario

4 Likes

hehehehe they are affected by pioneers

let the tanking begin

4 Likes

Seriously though, Dutch is broken OP once again. Envoys are so cost efficient and punch down falcs so quickly. It’s impossible to punish them with a falconet ff timing. For the love of God remove this stupidity.

5 Likes

it was necessary for the envoy to be improved, but not with the tag that the villagers also buff since it can access many improvements, it would be good if it was with the age pass only, from the third age so that at age one and two Do not bother

I’d be okay with their high hotpoints acting as a tank, but the fact they cost only 50f and get 8 hand attack (blunderbuss) and 270 HP with great coats then proceed to punch down your falcs with impunity (or your vills) is game breaking and must be remedied next patch.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying, It shouldn’t benefit from villager upgrades, but if it should benefit in some other way, if it’s worth 50 food, it’s not bad, should it cost more? a unit that only has the grace to explore, also a Dutchman does not start with a market, which would delay the start unless the vest and blunderbuss improvements are made, with that I do not think you can make the first bank before passing the age 2, It is also rare that a shipment reaches the canyons, I imagine that you played with Spain, shouldn’t you have the pikemen, rodeleros or musketeers covering the canyon?

how long does it take 8 pikes to kill 5 buffed up envoys? they have no unit tags and most of Spain’s units rely on multis do be effective

in truth as a former dutch main, i used to use envoys to tank against strelets in the russia matchup. They’ve lowkey always been a very cost effective dmg sponge but the degree to which they have been buffed is just crazy

4 Likes

I play holland and spain so apart from knowing how the MU is, I imagine what each one did, 5 envoys will not do you a damn thing of damage against a whole Spanish ff, the only thing that occurs to me is that the Spanish fought wrong or maybe he had bad luck, I think that the Spanish fought him against the tc, and the Dutchman was not stupid, he took advantage of the timing to take out the militia, 9 ryters, 5 envoys + explorer, after that I blamed the envoys, I still can’t blame him knowing that the pathfiding of this game is ■■■■, the units will have been left to ml doing anything before covering the cannons, especially in a space as narrow as the base of a Dutch that have benches in the front ,

But assuming that the Dutchman spent resources on making the market and his respective improvements of villagers must have been late in the age pass, so I still have the doubt if it is really the fault of the envoys that he lost that game

1 Like

Allow it to be affected by dutch infantry combat cards should be more then enough

and give it infantry tag if its too much (just infantry, not heavy or light infantry) so they die to cannon and lancer units

3 Likes

I got lamed by this. Lamest thing I’ve experienced since oprich boxes were a thing.

1 Like