Exactly what is experience?

The proof of UX is in the playtesting (and I’ve seen footage of new players trying out AoE3DE - it ain’t pretty). But I hope you can read my proposed interface improvements at the end of the post. They benefit beginners and veterans alike.:angel:

Where is this footage? I can let my grandma play it and no wonder she will have no idea what it is.

But if you are even slightly a gamer, you will know what experience is. Almost every game has it in which you have a progress system.

And its really easy to make up some ■■■■■■■■ explination for xp. Experience shows how much experience your colony (lets assume vanilla for now) has. It increases by building more and expanding your colony and training more units to serve your colony and kill enemies who threaten your colony. Experience is how much your colony is used to these things and that they are getting better at it.

Also I dont really see any other name for it, fame just doesnt have the same feel to it. I dont see how a mosque will bring someone fame or how building a settler or even killing one, a civilian, gives you fame.

Exactly… it has to do with a progression system typical of RPGs…and in fact the shipments are symbolized as cargo ships as their name suggests…

Of course,the experience in aoe 3 was a product of the WoW boom, in fact many games today, including shotters, have this progression system based on experience…in fact now I am playing Borderlands TPS,AoE Online and Far Cry 6 and what a surprise,all of them have a system of levels by experience…

Experience, often shortened to XP, is a resource in Age of Empires III and its expansions.

Sumario

Acquisition

Experience can be gained in many ways, and some civilizations can gather it more effectively than others.

Trickle

Players will receive 2 XP per second, or 120 XP per minute.

Civilization bonuses and penalties

• The Spanish require 27% less XP than other civilizations to receive Home City shipments.
  • The Germans require 10% more XP to receive Home City shipments.

Treasure hunting

Some Treasures give XP once claimed. The Mountain Warrior Home City Card, available to the Japanese, doubles XP earned from Treasures. The Aztec War Chiefs experience aura on the other hand can increase reward from the guardians, but not the Treasures.

Buildings

A building grants an XP “build bounty” equal to 20% of its original cost when built. Destroying buildings grants an XP “destroy bounty” equal to twice of its build bounty.

Units

Units grant an XP “train bounty” when they are trained, the amount varies depending on the unit in question:

Killing units grant an XP “kill bounty” equal to 10% of its cost (20% for outlaws).