Exiled Prince Politician is dominant

Agree completely here, same thing happened with aztecs, once the fast age up was nerfed and other options buffed we saw more variety instead of fast age every game.

This needs to happen just for more variety if anything else, same thing with age 2 I feel like other age ups need a buff so not everyone just goes straight for the 400 wood

2 Likes

Nerf exile prince please, not because it’s that strong but because it’s boring watching 100% of pros send it in 99% of the games they play.
I like the idea of making it -5 seconds slower.

I think it’s not about just nerfing whatever is dominant in a certain moment, but buffing other options and expanding viability across the board.

Yes and no. We need viability and not apathetic surrender to old stuff.

Exiled Prince is not dominant for the sake of being “dominant” but because they offer a myriad of possibilities. Fast Fortress is a thing for almost a decade, just like 400w is a staple.

Definitive Edition shook the ground of several things that were “dominant” and they are fine and more balanced today: We just need better sorting of some Politicians

2 Likes

The TC guy is also useful for some civs.

If this is the case, we can throw out the entire deck-building system and just make one default deck that always ships in the same exact order, in order of best to worst.

Not sure I’m on the “exiled prince is OP” train, but the “BEST” choice should be dependent on the situation. The problem with exiled prince is that it’s the best option in too many situations. You’re under pressure? age faster. You want to put on pressure? age faster. Want to boom? get that fat age 3 shipment sooner by aging faster.

It takes too many conditions atm for a slow-age to be better. You need to know you won’t have a shipment available before the slow age completes, you need to be okay making age 2 units, and you need to know you’ll have to time to upgrade your units before the next fight.

I don’t like the idea of directly nerfing exiled prince at this point, because the balance between civs that do and don’t have it is good atm. The payoff for a slower age does seem like it needs to be a bit higher in most cases though.

1 Like

Quick question: how long exactly is a standard age up vs exiled prince?

I agree exiled prince should be slower

2 Likes

It should be made slightly slower and some other politicians buffed, maybe the same with 400w it needs reducing and others buffed because it also still remains the go to in age 2.

The problem is, if age3 were to come slower, than all the supremacy games would settle in age2, and late game civs would stand no chance in the meta.

We could either slow down the fast age up, or make the others a tad faster.

The exiled prince ages 2.75 times faster than a standard age up. Lowering its speed by -5 or -10 would hardly be game breaking for late game civs.
Besides, waiting a little while longer for 4 huss or 8 xbows is well worthwhile.

1 Like

I’d rather make the others faster.

Agree with this, making slower age up politians more viable meanwhile not nerfing exiled prince could be a beneficial approach aswell, but considering the current situation. Exiled prince is sent almost always with civs that have access to it, which also signs that it’s more than a strong option.