Expanding regional units

This is a late game nerf. On big wall heavy maps you cannot break through multilayer wall outs at a reasonable speed because you don’t have splash melee siege to prevent hyper turtles.

This is the only one I liked.

Hindustanis won’t have any regional unit after your change. I will bring back EA for them as they are the OG EA civ.

I’d remove Armored ele from them and give them Capped Ram or maybe Siege Ram.

SL for Huns would be great :smiley:.

I don’t like these changes at all, it mess with the current balance too much
I would like to see the EA merge into the RotR civs but the balance should be the priority and I don’t see how the EA can fit into those civs
I would like to see the Armored/Siege Elephant into the Persian roster

2 Likes

Only the Huns are suitable.
To me, the Steppe Lancer should be a thing belong to the Steppe east of the Black Sea.

Decent, doesn’t affect the balance too much, and isn’t bad in terms of accuracy.

EBE? BBC?

Camels?

Mahouts will be OP on those, would like to see it though. Why not EA? Persians already lack Bracer, so not much of a problem there

Are you out of your mind? Gurjaras Armored ele is already almost broken. How do you even counter this?

Oh, okay. So much civ have them now that I always forget they are regional unit.

Halbs, camels, heavy infantry/cav, Onagers? +4 melee armor just prevents villagers and hussars from being the counter. Siege Elephants have more counters than Siege Rams though.

Edit: Also, since the latest patch Bengali Armored Elephants with Paiks and Siege Engineers have more dps than Gurjara Armored Elephants. Bengali Elephants resist bonus damage and conversion on top of that.

In terms of dps against buildings:
Siege rams with siege engineers < Bengali and Gurjara siege elephants < Celt siege rams without siege Engineers
Siege ram without siege engineers < Hindustani siege elephants
Dravidian siege Elephant < Capped ram with siege Engineers

The comparisons are close, at ±2 range. If you want actual values, I can edit this and tell you that too. So definitely not as OP as you claim.

On paper yes. On practice no. You admitted Hindustanis losing them is a nerf. And Siege ele is better than ram in most situations.

One of if not the most terrible civ after 2 techs researched with 4% more DPS. Yeah OP indeed. I hope you are trolling.

Pretty sure +4 MA is better than that.

Almost pointless as no one use monks to counter armored ele.

I have calculated long before the patch came out.

But I also calculated the upgrade cost beside them. Maybe you should try it too. And last but not least, it is also relevant if you please compare win rate of Bengalis and Gurjaras even after the patch. (Only aoepulse has been updated to new patch btw).

HP and dps against buildings. When taking damage from halbs and camels, no.

Don’t confuse civ balance with unit balance. I mean to say that Bengali elephants are stronger now.

Then armored ele line is finely balanced (I don’t think so btw). No need to buff them for Gurjaras.

Only in late-Imp.

They need not get heavy camels too. Just the regular ones would suffice to represent what you mention.

Or, they could leave them alone.

2 Likes

How are camels a regional unit when they are used from china to india to west africa?

6 Likes

I don’t understand why Hindustanis didn’t get EA. They are (or were) the actual EA civ.

This is the only expansion here I support. Let the regional units stay regional, its more fun that way. In general, not every SEA civ also needs elephant archer, thats a unit for the DOI expansion. For burmese EA specifically helps their civ a lot. Adding steppe lancer to turks and bulgarians will just make the unit feel less unique I suspect.

1 Like

Yes, a good unit gets better, but its pros and cons remain.
They would still be killed by most of the melee unit.
Just like we don’t worry so much about the Teuton Ram with Ironclad.

By the way, I have supported that the extra attack bonus for cavalry should not apply to AE at all, or its percentage should be lower than that of cavalry, like +40% for cavalry but only +15% for AE.

1 Like

because we don’t see camels in most of Europe and SEA?

Ram has 4 less MA than Siege ele. (3 less for Dravidians)

Yeah. Should have been only stable units. I won’t mind brining back 50%.