Experimental test solution for people who crash on launch, please read carefully

It works for me

Remarkable fact. I noticed today that if I only pause the download and then launch AOE DE that the game will start too, but with the difference that there is no sound at all. I have recorded this behavior. At the moment I cancel the download all sound is there.

Do you all with this DCOM 317 error experience the same?

Tengo el mismo error. Realicé los pasos recomendados pero no me funciona, sigue apareciendomé el mismo error.

My friend and I were having the same issue until we found a solution with 100% success rate.

If your game crashes on start-up (Black screen then disappears) this fix may help you. This step by step fix is for windows 10, but can be done in other similar ways.

1. Open start menu

2. Scroll down the menu page until you find Windows Administrative Tools, open the folder then click on Services.

3. Find the service within the new window that popped up named “Windows Pushtoinstall Service”.

4. Right click on the Windows Pushtoinstall Service, Properties.

5. Change startup type to “Automatic”

6. Click “Start” just bellow it.

7. Hit ok, close both windows and start the game

I’ve had it where I start the machine backup, and I get the black screen of death. I go back into services to find that the Service isn’t running again. I simply start the “Windows pushtoinstall Service” and it fires right back up like it wasn’t anything.

Hope this helps.

@Helepolis said:
@xraychn said:
i found the DCOM issue, but event ID is 10010, i also downloaded one new free game call: Candy Crush Soda Saga, you know what? This game crash also…same situation of AoE:DE.

The opening post does say “STOP! If you don’t have the above error then stop reading.” Since you don’t have the exact error, what did you expect?

I know what you mean, i just want to let more people know what happened.
NOW new status: I reinstall the game last night and works fine, then today morning face the same issue. I checked the event ID, same as yours situation, Unable to start DCOM server etc. Then follow your step, downloading one free game from store, then cancel it when start downloading…

Then i restart the AoE:DE…IT WORKS for me!!!

@TheDominionx said:
My friend and I were having the same issue until we found a solution with 100% success rate.

If your game crashes on start-up (Black screen then disappears) this fix may help you. This step by step fix is for windows 10, but can be done in other similar ways.

1. Open start menu

2. Scroll down the menu page until you find Windows Administrative Tools, open the folder then click on Services.

3. Find the service within the new window that popped up named “Windows Pushtoinstall Service”.

4. Right click on the Windows Pushtoinstall Service, Properties.

5. Change startup type to “Automatic”

6. Click “Start” just bellow it.

7. Hit ok, close both windows and start the game

I’ve had it where I start the machine backup, and I get the black screen of death. I go back into services to find that the Service isn’t running again. I simply start the “Windows pushtoinstall Service” and it fires right back up like it wasn’t anything.

Hope this helps.

This one does not work for me.

After official game update finaly bug is fixed. Game runs ok :slight_smile: . At last - wololo!

Game runs fine now.

I am getting this. I tried everything (reinstalling, installing other store app, pausing during download of other store app, game was billed on my cc, moved game … etc.):
Somebody please help. Im rather upset.

Error I get in the logs:
The server Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.5147.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Send help

I am getting this. The partial install of a game works. But the cure seems to be that push to install set to automatic and start service as listed above.

I met the criteria you gave but this solution did not work for me. I have also tried several variations on the “PushToInstall” solution but none of them have worked for me either.

Still not working. Sent a mail to support, no answer since 3 weeks.
Where can I get a refund?

@LyrikKubus565 said:

Where can I get a refund?

This forum has several entries describing how to get a refund.

Calling the MicroSoft helpline can help with a refund.

After being stuck on hold and passed around 3 times, Microsoft helpline told me since i bought it in february it is too late for a refund.
The guy told me i should install the xbox app and open “Nat” on my router.
This is utter bs.

Finally…I FINALLY Figured out my splash screen crash just before startup. Here’s what i did:
Tried everything…every single trick/fix methods i could find through google search, updated driver, downgraded drivers, installing free app trick…even reinstalled whole windows 10 but no…no go but then:

I realised that i have installed Age of empires on drive G:, which is my main gaming harddisk. I seriously uninstalled game, deleted single folder that microsoft store app created during game install and i mean EVERYTHING. Restarted pc, launched windows store but now i decided try in experimental purposes, installing game on drive C where windows is installed. launched and WOLA! now game starts up and i actually can play it, only thing now is those warning messages which beholds interference between antivirus and actual game. Im using f-secure and i even whitelisted those directories where game is installed but i still get kicked out with those messages, experiments continues but try this if u still have issues with the game. No need to change keyboard, no need to do anything else, at least for me :slight_smile:

thank you for the advice :slight_smile: