Expert Mode please!! - Circular Maps

I love strategic games and of course AoE has been always my favorite, but as a strategic player, I always try to eliminate the “luck factor” in a game. In the classic game you are in a square map, and this is maybe not a problem when two, three or four players are playing, but definitely becomes a disadvantage for the player who has not a corner on the map when the game has 5 to 8 players. So my proposal is to go to circular maps, where everyone has the same boundaries (no lucky corners to hide). Also with these circle maps all the teams can be distributed at equal distances each other, which prevents “open or free zones” to be discovered just for the player which luckily appeared closed to those zones.

I have circular maps. One of the many reasons why i didn’t like AoE 3.

@Zsombro said:

That is why it has to be an option or playing mode.

Circular maps are not needed in my opinion. You can get the same effect by having a circular island or a map where the corners are blocked by cliffs.

@hecoroguez said:

@Zsombro said:

That is why it has to be an option or playing mode.

Anything can be an option. Try to tell the programmers to make everything optional :smiley:

@qweytr24 said:
Circular maps are not needed in my opinion. You can get the same effect by having a circular island or a map where the corners are blocked by cliffs.

I like this idea more.

IMO that was almost the only good things who came up from aoe3

@qweytr24 said:

Yes.
And @hecoroguez: You can build your own maps. Circular. I’d play them. :slight_smile:
You could even rebuild a Dota-style map, if you like.
All thanks to scenario-editor.