Game Version: 101.101.34223.0 4509956
- Build (####)
- Platform: Steam
It is pretty simple and straightforward. You can get Gold medals everywhere without completing Hard, if you can at least do the lowest, Standard difficulty.
- Set the difficulty to Standard in the Campaign menu
- Load the desired mission/battle
- Once you are in the game, make a save
- Exit the mission, and go back to the Campaign menu
- Set the difficulty back to Hard
- Load your previously saved mission (which is running on a lower difficulty)
- Complete the mission normally
- You get Gold medals instead of Bronze
- This method works on Historical Battles too
So I assume when the game gives you the medal at the end of a mission, it only checks the difficulty set at the Campaign menu - not the saved file, or what you have played. Which can be easily changed during the mission with a simple save.