Exploits and Fair Play in Age of Empires II: DE

Tbh some things ‘patched’ were in the game over 20 year,s (untouched code) it’s just that even with all the so called smart programmers around, only like 10 out of a million knew how to do it. It’s literally ‘still the same’ if you go like backwards then, even if they just patched it (any older versions of the game lol)

I’m sad to lose my

• infinite res exploit
  • deleting of units? (rare or useless, for trolling lols)

otherwise I could still do those things, the game is just so bad and repetitive, it is less fun without those things available, with all the micronerds and whatnot, doing the same 40 minute guidebooks over and over.

I would usually just hop in once a month and give myself infinite res on one or two slots and then play the game and it’d still be somewhat of a fun time, not the type to ruin games for others, but still was fun, and allow players to still win, or for amusement like if they r trying hard. Won’t be playing if they patch these things tbh. Since I already got like top 50 in aoe2 as a teenager, did learn the game already in the past, and everything has been done b4, there’s not much elseto do, being like one of those people who ‘did the impossible/not possible’ things was just fun for a while knowing how to do it was funnest for such a broken game.

but it’s hilarious to see how easy it was ever to fix those things (even I could have done it), yet they’re overhauling it, making crashes, and all these issues now they made lmao… If you ‘knew’ how those things they patched worked it only required like ‘1 line of code’ at best to fix each one thing. So the crashes and issues of course r hilarious for like a probably 1% salaried dev team. You could have even just patched/detected these things ‘for yourself’ so then, if you are the one person who secures your client (like you could have made a ‘security mod’ or something, similar to the protection mods on like Dark souls), it would out of sync itself, once finding like the other player deleting the other persons thing, or infinite res present, or even just fix that so then you will cause out of sync to happen since it is fixed just for you, etc… it’s so easy but these devs have made it hard on themselves for things they never had to fix anyway. So I’m not totally sure it’s bad that it’s gone but it’s just hilarious how like over a, million people didn’t even know it was possible to do certain expliots, and even now, there’s probablya few more hackers that do ‘other things’ than that; or do things that aren’t so fun like, just win instantly, etc. It was/is such a fun ‘pleb’ arena tho, so many plebs, all of them trying so hard, it’s ridiculous some of them how they time things and get into such a game imo. AoE3/AoM were much better games anyway and totally new engine that didn’t have those problems (actually checks players ids and normal things that showed even in 2003, they already knew about it, learned and knew how to fix it, maybe they were aware, or like 1 legendary hacker in like 2000 pointed it out to them, who knows lol). Also with that engine, they (probably intentionally) left in weird things like spawn units that while didn’t effect teh game much in a bad way, later got patched anyway, lol. Point is if anything was left it was prolly intentional too, they knew how, it just amuses me how many ‘experts’ and even ‘programmers’ just overlooked some of it, and assumed it was all like impossible; until they saw people do the ‘impossible’ later >_> Now don’t paint a target on me, but I’d rather have been able to use these exploits than to report them to microsoft or whatever, I would’ve done so only if there was like some cash reward like years ago. (also lol the players are so oblivious,it’s a testament to how little the problem is or that they should’ve just left it alone anyway, now you’ll probably just see bored people messing up games etc) Just to say it’s a great feeling when like 10/1000000 people do something and others search for it, look for it, and fail at finding it, cuz it’s not some copy paster’s thing, bad ### that now it will be gone or some of it will be gone, since it was more like a ‘funny’ not a ‘game breaking’ thing anyway.

Pretty sure too that someone came out about any time 2 years or 1 years ago, and sold a public hack. Most people who do this sort of thing only use it like 1 time or don’t intend to break the game, because they are usually mature and pretty good hackers who are just amused at it like ‘hah that is funny’ sort of thing once the knowledge is shared (notice I said ‘shared’, like discussed about sometimes, not ‘copied around’). But normal hack using people are more public/annoying, they like to pretend they are good at things or break the game, by using others work, so I think that sort of created a spotlight on the knowledge there actually was an exploit due to those bad actors, morepeople popping up on streams and messing up peoples games when they didn’t understand what they were doing,etc, so in a way, it’s sort of a shame, but it’s caused by greed and trolls. I would say, mostly anyone who could do this before was just like mature and skilled enough to not abuse such knowledge anyway, but just save it for lulz purposes, but eh when it’s in the hands of just anyone you get trolls on streams and people ruining games which makes it worse when seeing them just spam out all these things they didn’t make for their own amusements.

??? ??? wtf? x20

1 Like

To be honest this is pointless until you ban alt accounts on ranked ladder. People reporting opponents does nothing, when even if that opponent is somehow eventually temp banned, they simply switch to or even just make yet another alt account. You even have people here openly admitting to dodging bans.

You must have dropped a number of matches to get a 2 hour timeout. Dropping 3 matches doesn’t do that. If you hadn’t figured out by 3 matches, that something is wrong, the onus is on you. Fool me once and all that.

It’s a ban for ranked only. Most other games work like this. If anything you’re extremely lucky that aoe2 let’s you use it across multiple steam profiles…not many paid games allow this. With this change, worst case scenario you need to log in with the same steam profile if you want to play ranked. That’s not the end of the world. It’s even worse that aoe2 is so cheap and people are still QQing about shared accounts. If it’s such a big issue. Buy another copy. Support devs.

1 Like

so could we get another hotfix that addresses the game crashes when playing against AI? the crash rate is like 75% of the game and its unbearable. also fix the unable to ungarrison issue in ally’s building while they’re at it too.