Extreme lag in ranked

Game Version: 101.101.39515.0

• Build: 5328560
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: mmihaa

Issue:

In ranked games i start the game with a red clock and extreme lag(which also affects everyone else in the game). It stops lagging after a while. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes 30. My internet connection is 500/100Mbit/s and my benchmark test is 1274.3. I would add replay of the game but don’t know how. I can’t even play team games anymore because always someone leaves in the first 5 minutes, because of my lag. And of course i lose ELO thanks to my team mates leaving.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Queue in ranked match
  2. Start game
  3. Get lag(with red clock)

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

1 Like

this is aoe 1, not aoe 2

oops.admin fixed it. thanks Evangelos!

Can you log in and check the servers?

I think you play mostly on Brazil server. There is another thread about this:

I checked and most of my games are played on UK and Europe servers, so this can’t be the problem. Also my problem is not quite the same as Bourne2Believe’s. I can play there is just extreme lag, which fixes itself after some time(anywhere from 5 min to and hour(happened recently).

1 Like

The game is simply unplayable because of freeze and lags. I have a 100mbps connection and it it still freezes. I have a ping test going on in background to ensure there is no drop either.

Hey I just started having the same issue, but I usually have a blue clock while this is happening. Other players in the game don’t experience the same lag Im getting…

So a month later still nothing from devs. I’ve reinstalled the game it did not help. I’ve noticed this also happens in lobby games. Never when i play a singleplayer game. Also it is completely random. First game i play does not lag, the 2nd one lags, the 3rd one doesn’t lag, 4th one doesnt, 5th one lags, so completely random. I’ve also checked with my ISP provider i have no issues with internet connection. What can i do?

same here. ranked 1v1, blue clock, the game freezes for 5-10 seconds and jumps forward to catch up. I asked the opponent and he didn’t had any issues. had to resign after 5 minutes, really frustrating.

1 Like