Failed to connect to multiplayer services

I recently bought this game and am trying to play it. I have a bunch of other games, and all my other games work fine. I doubt it is a problem with my computer. Can someone please help me? I can play CK3, 7dtd, Total War… all kinds of games. But for some reason AoE2 multiplayer doesn’t work. I can play single player just fine.

When I try to connect to multiplayer I get the error

"Sorry, failed to connect to multiplayer services. Server certificate authentication failed.

Source: AccountLoginEvent
Error Code: 0xffffffff
Extended Code: 0xfffffff3"

I’ve tried logging in with Xbox. I’ve tried reinstalling. I keep getting this same error message.

Thank you in advance

I have the sAme trouble.

kind of similar problem.
cannot join ranked game

My wife’s been having the exact same error for a week or so (the game is also crashing randomly).
Anyone got any solution to this?

Me too, just bought the game. I can play singleplay also download mods. But multiplay option is unavailable. Reconnecting to server gives the mentioned error fff3.

I am steam user. Verified the files, windows firewall is off, no family protection, ISP firewall is off.

I can play cs:go on steam or aoe2 on voobly. However, aoe2 de servers are not connectable for my case.

Supports told me that team will look at it. I am waiting for their solution.

Solved it by disabling internet security from internet service supplier.

Isp was Superonline. Turkish people may know. In their website after you enter with superonline id there is security options. It was family internet perviously. After disabling it, the problem solved.
Elhamdulillah