Favorite Faction Choice

Which Imperial Nation did you like playing the most in AoE III and why, what do you found signficant???

3 Likes

Portugal is my favorite civ in aoe 3. They get a good mix of units, organ guns are good in early mid game, and they get town center every time you advance an age

2 Likes

The Portugese rocket seige in the game is very dynamic.

2 Likes

My favorite civ is Spanish, although it is largely due to cultural bias, as it is my native tongue. However, I have come to really like their logistician and their unctioned shenanigans.

By the way, a poll would have paired in beautifully with this thread.

6 Likes

It would be French for me gotta love the gendarmes and courer de bois.

1 Like

La facción inca.
Es divertida de usar. Tiene una mecánica muy poco usada en el juego (Veneno) y tienen una revolución única (¿que mas se puede pedir?)

1 Like

Russia Blyat !! :smiley: :baguette_bread:

4 Likes

I am best at playing French and Ottomans but I like the design of Japanese and Indians the most .

3 Likes

I like aztlan and india. Aztecs have an arsenal of unique units (the original one, not inca hehehe) and warrior priest while you can train a great army for their 1pop cost.

About indians, they play different thanks to wood cost vills and XP cows. I like thei wood production and build tons of barracks with sepoys.

2 Likes

I really like playing with Portugal and Spain, I also like Germany but I have my reservations to it…

1 Like

i like all the original europe civs becuase they feel most like aoe 3 to me without auras, special abilities, wonders, dances. They also feel much more balanced when played against each other than the rest of the game.

I love playing brits and do a greedy manor boom into mass musket spamm that do fine even without micro and are well rounded. I like playing dutch similiar too but skirm micro is so much more work than musks and super punished by cav. Well spanish got a bit dirtied by the church damage aura card but i still like playing them.

Why exatly spanish, brits and dutch? Becuae i feel like its the only civs were you can fit all permanent boost cards and still can sqeeze in just enough ealry game cards to survive in sup. In a 3v3 i can get away to play almost with a treaty deck with just 2-3 age 1 and age 2 cards to boom manors/banks.

With other civs i always have to make the painfull decision to either forgoe permanent upgrade card (like mill gather speed or some unit hp) or to die horribly before even reaching age 3.

2 Likes

I like Inca, I like the turtle style civs and inca are probably the best at turtling.
You have your houses producing food in base, can get 2 tc’s age 2, they have a better version of building hp called monumental architecture, which boosts hp of all your forts and tc’s by a lot.
I really love their unique forts the strongholds, you can garrison up to 50 units in them to increase their attack and if you get it’s range tech then you can take out 2 falconets easy just with the forts attack. Completely defeating a standard FF.
I usually just sit back behind my stronghold and some walls and send out chimus to raid constantly, I like the chimus more since the change because now when I see villagers far out from their base I can snare and kill them all far easier before they get military out and still escape by activating the ability, it was annoying before finding 20 vills far out on a mine and not being able to snare them resulting in 2 kills before their cav arrives.

2 Likes

I just tried playing as the Indians for the first time and got my a** handed to me.

4 Likes

British because was my first civ when I played in the original game and USA because it’s new and i like the MURICA thing and i played with them in the Napoleonic Era mod…

2 Likes

a civi que mais gosto e a Rússia seu ótimo custo de unidades e seu treinamento e muito bom, as civis que mais odeio e Alemanha e Japão

3 Likes

I don’t think I have a favorite civ, I play them all pretty equally. Never understood how people can main a civ when there’s so many to try and that play uniquely. All civs are fun to play imo.

3 Likes

Dutch are good for late game, their 140 military pop is powerful enough to train a super versatile army with 1 pop dragoons. But they have to finish the game fast, otherwise, their eco falls really bad.

1 Like

The Dutch, because I am Dutch myself, but gameplay wise, I like Russia aswell. They are not really that strong, but I like that usually people underestimate Strelets and the power of spamming units.

About the Dutch I like the ability to make a lot of artillery and it is within a nice mix with the banks and the halbediers (which I like as an unit both visually and to some extend purpose)

3 Likes

I can’t say my favorite faction, but I know which faction I hate most, the author chose the dynasty least favored by the Chinese, and the flag army mixed with multiple pairs of arms is terrible