Feature Request: Auto team balancer

Hi,

The new update has been a lot of fun to play, and attracting many new players. Thanks to the devs and support group for the good work.

One suggestion I would make is adding in game autobalancer based on players’ elo. From information theory perspective it leads to faster converging to true elo ( on the other hand if the two team are unbalanced it’s not a lot of new information from knowing the result of that game). From a practical perspective, it leads to more fun games.

We have outside tool that can help with this, but making it default will save players lots of work, and make it more widespread.

From coding perspective it shouldn’t be hard, a few for loops. The aoedejp system also has this, and it seems this leads to pretty nice standing that’s roughly inline with player’s performance.

Thanks again.

4 Likes

This would be really nice since balancing in multiplayer games is always welcome. Definitely a must-have if you ask me.

Thanks for the suggestion! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, i think if its a rated game and all players select random team, teams should be splited based on elo to make fair team easily.

1 Like

totally agree with this. This is a much required thing to add in the future updates and will remove the idea of unbalanced teams when all players are going random.

2 Likes

But then Clearman cannot stack VN Teams anymore and reach 1700 ELO :frowning: