Feature Request: Go back to a ranked lobby (not to the main menu) after finishing the game and stay in your party

I mostly play team games. I’d like to return to the ranked lobby I created, or to the ranked lobby I joined from an invite. There should be no need to create a lobby from scratch after the game concludes. All polished lobby-based games (example: Call of Duty, Battlefield) retain the lobby after the match, so you can hop into the next matchmaking without any extra pesky work of creating the lobby again. You formed a team and you stay in it for subsequent matchmaking. After the game concludes, and a player exits the stats/map, a player goes back to the lobby with their respective party. Not to the main menu. Moreover, the lobby settings are preserved - map star and bans.

This should also apply to “incomplete” lobbies, e.g. when a team of 2 matchmakes for 3v3 or 4v4s, and are assigned to two other players, after the game concludes, they should be back in their lobby of 2 people.

A lobby of one player matchmaking for 2v2 is no exception. After the game concludes, the player is back in their lonesome lobby, matchmaking for a new teammate and two enemies.

13 Likes

Also, the return to the party/lobby should retain the chosen game/map settings! It is so annoying that you always start alone in the party, hence the map choice for team games is not even available for the right party size.

3 Likes

we need this ASAP please, also keeping settings like maps etc. would be really appreciated

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, settings should be preserved too. I’ll add this to the feature request.

1 Like

Yes please, all the re-inviting, not just after a game, but also after every ‘failed to join match’ is a bit annoying.

2 Likes

The game used to actually work like this as recently as August/September, and it was changed with no substantial explanation. I would like to see this feature returned to the game as well.