[Feature request] Villager counts per resource in UI

I second the OP. I’ll reference Rise of Nations as a game with a fantastic UI and controls every game can still learn from. Having a count of villagers who are working the ressource in question is useful on the ressource list in the UI as well as a hover-over info at the dropoffs.

I hope the ridges are still identify-able enough. It allowed you to quickly know where large buildings could and could not be placed. If the terrain is smoothed out too much, you have to guess and drag the building around until it is not red.

That tower foundation looks big, but it still may be only 2 tiles. That footage is at the max zoom level I think.

@Penelinfi said:
I hope the ridges are still identify-able enough. It allowed you to quickly know where large buildings could and could not be placed. If the terrain is smoothed out too much, you have to guess and drag the building around until it is not red.

That tower foundation looks big, but it still may be only 2 tiles. That footage is at the max zoom level I think.

+1

Over-smoothing just looks awful, before we even get into it messing with mechanics of gameplay.

A bottom left side badge on each resource icon showing the villagers per resource would look fine to me one that looks alike the villager idle count