February PUP Build #59053, Venetian Ball Event

Another PUP update 1 hour ago.

Thereā€™s now an ingame FPS limiter,

Can you show it? 20 char

1 Like

3 Likes

Nah, this is only an event, not a civ. Byzantines already have Greek Fire as they should. Italians have Genoese crossbowman and Condotierri in a big 15th-16th century nod. I am a big fan of Venice and 1/4 Venetian on my Momā€™s side. Other 1/4 is Parmagianni/Genovese in the Apennines region, Emiglia Romagna. I saw a lot of halberds and lances in the Armory museum when I was there back in 2000. I was THERE in 2020 when Covid hit during Carnevale! Party was on Saturday night, Everything closed Sunday morning before Ash Wednesday.
The Museo Navale has a great collection including a 14th C motar made of leather, wicker and straw! Seriously, the leather is heavily treated to take the gunpowder and explosions. The wicker is light and strong for easy transport. As a mortar, it was only used for lobbing boulders. The Aresenale is still an active military installation and you can see the medieval slips from the tower gate bridge. A couple sailors or marines exited the front gate when I was taking pictures on Ash Wednesday since the museums were closed in 2020.

3 Likes

I wish games would implement separate settings for the menu and the game for fps limit. Itā€™s a waste of electricity to run at a high fps in the menu.

3 Likes

Any other changes that you noticed in the PUP?
I wonder if the balance is now completeā€¦
I would like to see really improvements on the game on the PUPs, not only bug fixes and pathfinding corrections (make the game itself build community between the players)

1 Like

No, it isnā€™t, but is quite better than it was like two years ago.

The same would apply for the carnival of Brazil,for the aoe 3ā€¦

2 Likes

And there it is:

2 Likes

Impossible, Italians cannot make lancers or halberdiers. :grin:

Haha! I know. When I saw it I was like, OK but show me the Greek Fire! :smiley:

1 Like

Nice event, I like it

1 Like

Hmm if I understand the Roadmap properly, thaz means in the future there will mostly only be minor fix patches like this one and the occasional event (something I donā€™t rly care for)

When wa the last balance change?

1 Like

November.

One of the added graphics. What a waste of a good chance to add some nice new buildings like Veniceā€™s San Marcoā€™s Basilica instead of this nonsensical pointless ram graphic??

14 Likes

Haha! When I was there in 2020, I saw plenty of revelers in masks but not on was inside a siege ram! :joy:

I donā€™t think so, I think that itā€™s a way of satisfy hard fans like me that would love to see the venetians added.

Still, itā€™s nice addition, and Iā€™m personally getting back to the game for that.

The only thing is that the carnival of Venice has almost already ended, I mean they are about a month late :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is weird to have an event to satisfy people who want Venetians and not give Venetian civ

3 Likes

is this any different from any other event that adds trivial ā€˜funā€™ graphics?

out of most stuff this isnā€™t even that bad tbh.

1 Like