Feels too much Artistic

AOE 4 looks like an art & very less realistic.I thought the case of AOE 3 won’t happen again.It should’ve been realistic visuals & not cartoonistic.

4 Likes

Yeah, Spellforce 3 have better art style.

Agreed, didn’t like the trebuchet style.

2 Likes

The military units in Spellforce 3 look too similar. Mostly brown with some red and white.

1 Like

Better color filter, look more an age than this. Spellforce is more limited because is less expensive to make.

1 Like

I think color-scheme is good enough; too little or too much won’t make the distinction between the units and environment and building mesh well. This is a real problem in RTS game is when the visuals are zoomed out. You will agree (whether you hate the current style or not) that this ‘gameplay’ trailer shows a real solution to the problem I stated above. Even when it is zoomed out or cameras moving through angle, distinction between each object is very clear. Age 4 needs an identity, and I think graphics is one of the way it will set itself apart. All of the age game had different graphics.

Too much of anything is bad. With too much realism, forget about zooming out because you will be squinching your eyes to find your units, or too much ‘artistism’ and you will think you’re playing Civ6.
If a graphics is good, it would never come between the game and its gameplay, from trailer, I think they have ticked that box well. We should be moving our conversation from the aesthetics to meat of the game : AOE gameplay. We should be more keen for that.

3 Likes

Gameplay is more important, this AoE 4 don’t have AoE identity.

1 Like

Yes I agree, AOE4 at the moment has not identity and gameplay is where it will be hit or miss. 100% agreed with you.

When finally people stopped talking about graphis you guys started the lame topic again…grpahics has little value in gaming…gameplay is more important…age iv will be a ■■■■ game if it does not follow the age dna!

3 Likes

I and thats my point with the video, with that fake gameplay. So i havent any hype because , not gameplay indicated only speculation of gameplay.
Ty for your reply.

1 Like

To call a game AAA, everything must be important from graphics to gameplay and more. I imagined more dark and realistic before we see trailer but current setting is also looking good for me.

2 Likes

Well you’ll have to play the game to know if it has the classic AoE identity watermark. It’s too early to judge from a “cinematic” gameplay. When i saw AoE III gameplay trailer the first time didn’t feel like an Age game neither, even that i was astonished for the phisics implementation. But once i played the game, with the hud interface, the sound, the music, the playstyle i fall in love with it and definitely felt like an AoE game.
In my opinion i really like how AoE IV looks like. The battles looks epic and the sieges looks promising, but it’s a matter of time to play and see if we still feel the game as an Age of Empires.

3 Likes

Gameplay is more important, this AoE 4 don’t have AoE identity.

That’s quite funny to say considering you have not played the game. lol

I and thats my point with the video, with that fake gameplay. So i havent any hype because , not gameplay indicated only speculation of gameplay.
Ty for your reply.

It’s not fake gameplay, it’s actual gameplay with a cinematic camera. That’s what a ‘reveal’ trailer is. Are you new to gaming?

2 Likes

sorry but I’m not convinced by more than that.

Nobody even them… Is an pre alpha.

AoE felling, you see that, and look like Stronghold meets AoE.
Or Empires Apart meets stronghold. I’m judging art because is the only thing there.

I’d suggest waiting for more trailers. It’s pretty much a glimpse

Same with guys with some hype feelings…

1 Like

At least they have a bit of hope for the game man

2 Likes

The majority of players who saw the AOE IV trailer are positive in big majority. If you hate AOE4 so much, why post here? It wont change anything.

2 Likes

Mostly of them can take anything with franchise name… Even me take AoEO but this is beyond than that by the way, are you trying censoring me saying what i can post or not?