"Find" hotkeys shouldn't move the camera

When you hit a “find unit” hotkey it immediately snaps the camera to the selected unit. The majority of the time this is extremely unhelpful as I know where the building I am selecting is and would like to just train units or hit research items while continuing to manage what I am currently looking at. It is especially annoying if I am just keeping my TCs working while microing an important battle or raid and having to continuously move my camera back to my focus is a waste of time.

In AoE3 there is a button called [“Find” hotkeys center camera on unit] which can toggle off this behavior but as far as I can tell I haven’t found a comparable button here. It would be really nice to add this functionality, especially considering this is already the way control groups work - i.e. hitting the button only selects the units and you have to double tap or press space to move the camera.

2 Likes

In your hotkey settings you can configure keys for “select all X buildings”, and not only it selects all buildings of the specified kind, but it won’t shift your camera, and it works even if you only have one relevant building.

A camera location hotkeys adition should be a good option. But for the production just ctrl+group your military production