First anniversary of AOE2DE ! what do you want?

and requires melee to attack (which makes it more prone to damage), isn’t as mobile, and costs a lot more.

its a balancing mechanism. Cavalry Archers when you get them up and running are very hard to kill.

why? they are harder to kill then almost every other unit in the game.
more mobile then a knight means they can easily run away from Skirms, they can kite pikes to death, and hit and run tactics allow them to pick off other things.

this is a straight up lie. they have the same reload rate as every other ranged unit in the game.

1 Like

What is the difference between reloading time and frame delay?

the time between attacks if they are just stand and shooting.

the time before they take an action after moving or being tasked
so ie if you move cv archers and then tell them to shoot target x, the frame delay comes in, they shoot, then they reload and shoot again.
if you move archers, shoot target x, the frame delay comes in, they shoot, and you move them again and then task them to shoot, the frame delay kicks in again.

1 Like

Then i think fixing the frame delay will be enough for now

2 Likes

and make them fly ? :smiley:

CA dont work the same way as knights do you know ? They are a death ball unit with very little counters. If they were massable and instantly very good then you would never make something different than CA. Just FC CA into gg. They are just a castle age unit so you can mass them with time, they are not meant for you to have 20 of them 2 minutes after castle age and being immediately used. That use is what knights have to comeback against a huge amount of feudal army…

4 Likes

Id like to see some love for some rarely used, almost useless unique units, just to see a bit mote variety in the game.
Like the Gbeto, Mameluke and Samurai

Hi everyone!
I think that a great contribution for everyone could be the development of the game statistics. Since it has never changed. The game could introduce new interesting statistics, for example: a heat map.

A heat map where the player can see where on the map they have killed or lost troops. It could be very very interesting. Also, the heat map can be mixed with many variables.

Thanks for continuing to develop the game!

8 Likes

If aoe2De can generate a full detail json of a game it could be wonderful. Like that, with the community we can extract usefull data. It won’t be long to dev that.
Each unit how many kill they made, when they was created, when they died, where they moved… all build buildind, all unit they produce…
We have only spirit of the law and a few xls of data

2 Likes

A handicap option to allow less skilled people to be able to casually play against more skilled players or to flatten disparate teams. There is a thread discussing this is detail, but something as simple as adding a bonus resource gather rate might do it. Many people don’t care about gaining/losing ELO – they care about playing an exciting close game.

2 Likes

would like these bugs fixed:

2 Likes

fix bugs, implement features that dont lag every player in game because of a single person. add support to mods, fix restore save game with mods, fix game engine to allow downloading faster. fix game start up time, fix game needing to restart when enable/disable and changing priority of mods.

wayy too many things not fixed.

2 Likes

How about an update or maintenance that doesn’t break six past fixes? Maybe something that passes for a friends list or communications in the game before you get matched up? You know, things that have been introduced in games in the last 20 years.

1 Like

that could be done with a unique tech for a civ, perhaps, a second tech for tatars

Additional singleplayer content would be nice.

every civ already has two unique techs.

PLS I WANT SOCOTRA ONLY !!! GET RID OF THE MAP POOL ROTATION SYSTEM
I WILL PLAY AOE2 DE WHEN SOCOTRA WILL BE IN THE MAP POOL.
IM WAITING FOR 2 MONTHS NOW !!!

For the first anniversary, I would like to see people appreciating how much this game and the community have grown! One year later and it feels like we’ve reached a new mind level :smiley:
For this reason, I want to ask the developers to give us a sneak peak at what is being cooked in the AoE4 kitchen, because I am sure that there is something tasty awaiting us… :wink:
Let’s hope that it can top AoE2, although deep down inside of us, we all know that this is impossible. You can’t replace this beauty, never.

2 Likes

is there something against a civ having 3 total unique techs? specially since theres quite a bit of useless ones or team oriented,

again provide some input instead of just going against everything others put forth

Something new!!!

1 Like

I don’t think CA performing the way they used to in the past should be locked behind a unique tech for just one civ. Rather have the unit as a whole buffed back.

2 Likes