[Fixed]Game suddendly not working anymore

Game Version:

  • Builds 32 911 and 33059
  • Steam


The game was running fine for me during the beta and the first day (benchmark score of 919 with all settings at the lowest save for resolution, currently it’s of only TEN with the same settings). During this first day I played a 1v1 against AI and the 3 first Inca missions without any issues. Then next day I played a 3v3 with the AI, but the game started to slow, no matter how much I saved/reload the game. So I went to play the campaigns, wich were working fine except for long loading times. I did the 4 first scenarios of the Khotyan Khan campaign (according to the hours it’s during this play session the game updated to 32 911) Then I reached the fifth scenario, started playing it (still in the same game session) , but after a while the game got slowed down to a crawl. The game was so slow that even two dudes on an empty map in the editor were almost too much to handle. Lowering the resolution just 1 level would give random result to the benchmark test (around 300 and 600, but still unplayable) while reducing it further still yields a result of ten. I tried updating as many things as I could, verifying the game files, desinstalling/reinstalling, to no avail. Today, I attempted this again, and got to redownload the game after the latest update. I was greeted by a glitched news screen, then a game crash. After relaunching the game I attempted to replay the fifth cuman mission, but it was still painfully slow. I attempted a benchmark test but all I got was a freezed option screen and Ctrl+Alt+Del not answering, so I had to manually turn off my computer. After this I attempted yet another file verification but it still says the files are fine.

Computer Information (Using Steam’s “System information” feature):
Model: X542UR
Form Factor: Laptop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel® Pentium® CPU 4405U @ 2.10GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x4e
CPU Stepping: 0x3
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 2112 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Unsupported
AVX2: Unsupported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Unsupported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
Windows 10 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: Intel® HD Graphics 510
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version:
DirectX Driver Version:
Driver Date: 6 16 2017
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 930MX
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x134e
Revision: 0xa2
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 13.54" x 7.60" (15.51" diag)
34.4cm x 19.3cm (39.4cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 4x
Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

RAM: 3982 Mb

UI Language: English
Media Type: Undetermined
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 1074894 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 482016 Mb
OS Install Date: janv. 01 1970
Game Controller: None detected
VR Headset: None detected

1 Like

I also tried the recommendations of the AOE2DE FAQ, but it did nothing.

Wow, the last update fixed everything, thanks!