Flemish militia suggestion - partial conversion

if you’re likely to be using the flemish revolution, odds are you’re gonna prepare for it by researching the upgrades. and seeing as they lack bloodlines, they are likely to supplement their cavalry with pikes to help fight against other cavalry civs anyway, so another reason to have the techs.

I think the res are better spent in different ways then: More cav ;).
Flemish revolution is gg move, nothing you prepare for. I doubt anyone would make the blacksmith upgrade to prepare flemish revolution, this would be sick.

And if you make it after researching you lose food to produce vills and also important time and therefor momentum.

I don’t think we will see many flemish floods with full blacksmith upgrades, I don’t see many situations where this will occur other than the game is already decided and you just go for the meme, where it is meaningless.

if you can afford more cavalry then your opponent you’re already winning, but Burgundians eco isn’t that great.

omg i like this idea! it lets them use their subpar xbows, and gives them a really viable eco towards not only spamming cavalry, and really helps with that “HC take forever to mass in imperial” and its also straight out of aoe3… china and someone else can do something similar, china literally turns xbows into skirms i think

but i wonder if it might be too powerful? so it might need quite an expensive UT?

but then HC arent exactly the most amazing unit so of all the units this is the one that could work, as opposed to turning pikes into champs or some other more powerful line… but i really like it. make it work!

1 Like

Flemish Revolution: Unlocks Flemish Militia. Villagers able to heal (just as effective as Maghrabi Camels) 15 HP/min or 1 HP/4 seconds.

Well, consider that you spend about 650 resources on the arb upgrade, and 500 for bracer, which is necessary when going for arbs, so 1150 resources in total.

Flemish revolution cost 1250 resources, so it could actually cost less, because it doesn’t makes sense to have an UT so expensive that you can’t afford as soon as you hit imp.

In my opinion, it could cost around 1000 resources, and it would be balanced.

1 Like

I think that the prize should be proportional to the number of villagers

Yeah that makes sense. And in some cases it’s not necessarily a straight buff as HC struggle vs faster targets. And in a lot of cases arbs are preferable even vs infantry. So it shouldn’t be too oppressive.

1 Like

How about making flemish militia able to work like villagers do, but with only 50% efficiency?

Or what about flemish militia being able to become villagers again ?
Or flemish militia being only temporary ? (Except for the ones “built” in TC ?)