Flying huntable animal

A male turkey weighs between 5 and 11 kg and around 40% of the weight is meat, meaning a turkey has between 2 and 4.4 kg of meat. Let’s say an average of 3.2 kg, or 800g each for a family of 4.

100g of turkey meat yields 189 calories so that’s around 1500 calories each. A bit on the shorter side, but that’s if you ONLY eat the bird and nothing on top of it.

1 Like

Because pigeons are delicious? (I’m joking, I’ve never eaten one, and when people did I think they were usually domestic, not wild.)

I was imagining you’d still be able to push them, but they’d fly over things.

But I think @DukeOfLorraine is right – a pigeon with, say, 100 food on it would be silly, but any less wouldn’t be worthwhile.

1 Like

We’ve reached the point where people are debating the mass of wild male turkeys on this forum. I just wanted to point this out.

4 Likes

As the first one to talk about weight on this thread, I take full responsibilty for that :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes I agree Return of Rome could have definitely brought with it some paved roads to the AOE2 world.

1 Like

I have a vague childhood memory of this being a thing in Aoe 1. (Without rise of rome)
You could hunt an eagle and it’d explode.

It’s true, when you click on an eagle in AoE the bird simply exploded and you win nothing. Also it was very difficult to click on this bird because this is a very mobile animal. So I think it’s a bad idea to make huntable flying animal because they are too rapid for many player to click on them.

1 Like