Focus for the next DLC

really? how about for events or whatnot, they implement hero skins as generic unit skins for specific civs?

celtic knight on the left, goth/viking one on the right

for example. this was literally the first 2 units i grabbed off the editor, and there’s tons and tons more to implement as actual working units, which requires very little effort from the devs, and is already client side only.

like double win

I want nepal, tibet and bhutan

Lets go devs!!!

1.No, 2. no, 3. no no no, 4. very OP if they were fast but maybe interesting as a barrack unit otherwise, 5. Lancers??, and 6. interesting

Self-healing foot archers is the only unique feature, and rest are all duplicates like Urumi swordsmen which is bad. Plus most of the unit types you are wishing for belong to the unpopular, very situational and least commonly made army type - Infantry.

Urumi should ideally be removed from the game as there’s nothing unique about it. It just combines abilities of Coustillier, Leitis, Battle elephants. The only non-unique castle unit in the game.
Architecture set while a good addition to people who play occasionally for their fascination over history and architecture, not sure if its worth the graphic designer’s time and dev time. Up until very recently I didn’t even notice the change in Byzantine architecture style.

Really really bad suggestion. One of the things that people love is the arrival of new type of units and mechanics. Although some come in either broken or unusable, its still better to have something new and balance it out later instead of mix-matching. And also some of the mix-matches won’t even make sense like you can’t give charge attack or armor ignoring attack or armor reducing attack or cav archer dying to be reborn as foot archer for archer units. And melee versions of unique archer unit abilities like bonus damage against cavalry, siege, infantry, high p.armor already exist for melee units.

There’s nothing wrong with rehashing old mechanics in new ways. As a civ crafter it becomes harder to please everyone to the point of wondering “how many new mechanics before it becomes too tryhard and lose the spirit of proving we need more civs or whatever”

Maybe I’m cynical and sure a new mechanic here and there is nice but sometimes we just want a new variant of vanilla ice cream in our new variety pack along with the wild new flavors of cactus and barf.

1 Like