For an upcoming Age of Empires game post AOE-4, would Caul be the time frame to focus on?

Assuming AOE-5 can exist.

• Classic antiquity.
  • Middle ages (again).
  • Modern age as in AOE-3.
  • Victorian and later period.

0 voters

Personally I think that classical antiquity has little exploited potential, and it is much more interesting than any other period due to the fact that it has few records, and many lost technologies that were later rediscovered.

2 Likes

Lol, did not know it was 1 vote and final.

Was hoping all, except medieval XD

2 Likes

They should perfect Medieval.

2 Likes

Welcome to age of medieval, i wonder wy they use empire, if they just focus medieval.

1 Like

As it seems, they want to have AOE to be all in this AoE3 style and they have remade now the high medieval time into this kind of game design, next would be the early medieval and late antiquity timeframe ranging from 200 AD to 1000 AD or sth. People want Vikings :smiley:

2 Likes

God PLEASE NO , we don’t need to stay for ever in the Middle Ages! We need to go for a fresh route ! Ancient times or Victorian times , NOT the same again!

11 Likes

I would like it to cover from the belle epoque to the end of the cold war (1870-1991) with expansions in the war of secession and in the war of terror and the end of fossil fuels and the colonization of Mars in the 2030s or that it occurs in antiquity
empire earth and rise of nations did it and they didn’t do badly

2 Likes

You mean AOE-4 doesn’t satisfy you?
I think the same, but it must be done in this next game, not in a future one.

which empires in the world are in that time?

Keep dreaming, the toxic comunity only want a rush game that finish in less then 6 minuts, to age at max level in 1 minuts, where wall are break in 5 seconde, whit 20 villager at start, no walling whit buildings, whit resourcess all beside town center, on the smallest map possible, where every setting is the same, made for competitive play.

It will be the most boring game ever, where rush is the only possible strategy, if we can call the only strategy a strategy.

Will just lose interess and go away of game, a waste of time to play a game like aoe4, that could potentialy just be a sad replica of the broken aoe2.

3 Likes

I don’t want to see an SC2-style pace of play where everything ends in 10 minutes or less and you find yourself using an ‘endless’ of skills for each unit.

1 Like

If they want create a new age of empires game, it is necessary “cover” all historic periods missed and release new expansions for those AOE already done in order to complete the human history path from the beginning to the end of the empires. Maybe up to the world war 2 where the rising sun empire is fallen.

1 Like

I wonder if we could have it like by Total War Saga: Troy
it was first historical game, later on they did add (optional) mythology.

Yeah it was quite the turn actually, Troy was coming out to be a failure for Creative assembly.
So they tried their best to appeal to both fans. And tbh they may have succeeded.

Those of both world wars:the British Empire,the French,the Russian (Soviet Union in ww2),the Portuguese (neutral in ww2),the German (Nazi Germany in ww2),the Austro-Hungarian,the Ottoman,the Japanese,Italy,USA,China (neutral in ww1),etc,etc,etc

2 Likes

or in the cold war,considering the decolonization process in Africa,where they could put into practice the revolutions of aoe 3 where you can choose to turn your country into a capitalist or communist country

1 Like

They could potentially do a game where you can go through all ages, like rise of nations did.
But I think it all depends on how aoe4 is recieved.
If the game does really well then its very likely that there will be another one.

2 Likes

I loved Rise of Nations. That’d be amazing. But also a behemoth of a task.

If well executed, though, could become the definitive RTS!

1 Like

I think with the gaming technology of today is definitely possible to make it work

1 Like

I mean, I would like to see AoE’s take on Modern warfare but not as a part of the main series. Have it be a separate series

1 Like