For an upcoming Age of Empires game post AOE-4, would Caul be the time frame to focus on?

I agree. It could be possible. With this it is possible create a sort of Empire Earth improved.

Has i think more about it, we could give each player a administration building, where players give the orders.

When you give a order to a unit, the messager run out the building, to go give you oder to your unit.

When a unit receave a oder from a messager, he start doing the oder.

The mesager could Ć©volve whit technologie.

Message delivery guy, piegon messager, smoke/ fire signal, flag signal, drum signal, ligth signal, radio signal, fiber optic signal.

Insted of killing a player, the invader could just take over the administrateur building, to turn his enemy in a pupet player.

The pupet player is forces to be ally whit the one who control his administration building, giving a fractioon of free resousse and and units.

The pupet player could try revolt later to get him self free, or wait for a player to decide to liberate him.

1 Like

na,could work quietly todayā€¦I just had to adjust the gameplay a little and thatā€™s it;do it type cnc,rise of nations and coh,an rts a little more tacticalā€¦the rest are aloneā€¦

1 Like

yes,something similar,but adapted to the most modern times and gameplaysā€¦

1 Like

or just do it as a coh,but moving forward in time (ww1,ww2,cold war,modern warfare,etc etc etc)ā€¦

I donā€™t like coh. XD

The way of play feal like garbage.

thatā€™s why I said it was one of the possibilities,but they can go backwards and take rise of nations and empire earth as an example.

1 Like

I think an Age of Empires V shown as an Age of empires 3-ā€œ2ā€ would be very interesting. Age of empires 3 has excellent mechanics. And if it had a new graphics engine it could have units on walls and star forts, vision limited by obstacles and exploit new mechanics that were barely touched like livestock. Also construction of bridges, water mills and much more. I donā€™t understand why AOE-IV never touched on these possibilities, I think many expected it.

2 Likes

I would vote for a combination of classical and medieval, going through all those ages and stopping just short of gunpowder.

In fact, I would love for AoE to experiment with a different ā€œaging upā€ mechanic that counts techs researched (maybe each tech has a points system) towards that jump instead of an artificial: ā€œinvest X resources or construct a landmarkā€ to advance.

You canā€™t really explain why a game in AoE IV starts with almost no techs in ~800+ AD when we had phalanxes, ballista and chariots not that long ago. AoE 1 was the only one in which it was logic that you started out with zero technology, just a clubman.

The other advantage is that players who want only medieval can block the earlier ages and the opposite for classical.

1 Like

Modern Age pushing for a little bit of future in mind for more freedom of choices in a civ.

But not COH nor Aoe 3 stiles.

If AoeV revisits a time period, it should be Mythology. An Age of Mythology 2 that takes some risks and expands on the franchise could be extremely fun.

Aoe3DE already feels so modern thereā€™s no point in remaking it just to have way less content and one or two new mechanics.

Of course, it makes sense what you sayā€¦

Of course, like Empire Earth or Rise of Nations and not as much as CoHā€¦

Of course, if they want to go back to antiquity, I prefer that they take out an aom 2 and the aoe 5 make it modern, then you kill two birds with one shotā€¦

I would really like to see an Age of Empires game ranging from Industrial to Modern times including aircrafts, submarines with nukes etc. Empire Earth had it and it was very fun.

Of course, how difficult it can be to replicate this with modern graphicsā€¦

I would say the game goes back to antiquity, and focus on smaller periods of time and not antiquity as a whole.

After antiquity, going back to the middle ages focusing on the high (early) middle ages (I donā€™t know if that term is the correct one to use in English, sorry, itā€™s not my native language) and then the game goes to the low (late) middle ages, and so on onwards, in smaller spaces of time to be able to have a greater focus on civilizations and make them more unique, and of course, with that release more games and keep the franchise alive.

Something like Total War Rome, Rome 2 and Attila.

2 Likes

Yes, it can beā€¦ Likewise, AoE Online focuses a bit on classical antiquity (500 BC-0 AD) and with AoE 4 they could focus on making civs of the early Middle Ages, as well as in AoE 3 you have archaic civs of pre-modern Renaissance (Spain, Portugal, Italy and Malta) and then later civs of the nineteenth century (USA, Lakotas and Mexico)ā€¦

Yes. For example, one could focus on the oldest periods such as ancient Greece and before the Romans appeared. In AOE-1 I think there are Sumerians and Romans at the same time, when one appeared centuries after the other disappeared.

I think AOE4 should have been a reboot of the franchise and it shouldnā€™t have been called AOE-4, it should have been called AOE with some subtitle that suggests itā€™s a remake of AOE-1. Start in classical antiquity as a reboot. But since this didnā€™t happen, itā€™s what the next AOE should do.