For those who want or need to brush up on your AOE games before AOE DE release

Steam has all of their available AOE games on sale now through July 5th at a steep discount 75 to 78% off. AOE II and all the expansion packs, AOE III - well just check it out in the link…

You will need a free steam account to play them.

prntscr.com/fn5dyi

Have fun revisiting AOE…and Good Luck to those who never played them before!

And the brother shunned by mods and devs, AoM EE, is for sale too!
Dont get the expansion though its bad, also there is no support for the game, as you see even here we do not really exist. (we have a forum without support too!).

Thanks, I picked up Rise of the Rajas, it was all I was missing hehe

I bought them all a while ago, although kinda wishing I waited for the steam sale :confused:

Still no word of AoE:DE coming to Steam, such a failure. Now all those loyal fans and gamers that have the (soon not to be) entire franchise on Steam will get shut out of collecting and playing with their (small group of) fellows that will be able to.

@TheUnknownKing said:
Still no word of AoE:DE coming to Steam, such a failure. Now all those loyal fans and gamers that have the (soon not to be) entire franchise on Steam will get shut out of collecting and playing with their (small group of) fellows that will be able to.

Still no word of AoE DE coming to retail, such a failure. Now all those loyal fans and gamers that have the (soon not to be) entire franchise on their shelves will get shut out of collecting and playing with their (small group of) fellows that will be able to. :tongue:

Two days ago AOE3 Complete edition was forty bucks, now it’s ten. Amazing deal.

I loaded it up last night and was just amazed at the graphics - they’re incredible. I’ve never seen better looking water in a game.

Thank you, noticed it yesterday, time to see what those xpacks got.

@Raw1812 said:

Yeah I grabbed a few also… <3 the discount.

Everyone needs to be patient on the steam issue…I am sure in time AOE DE will also land there, but everyone needs to chill a bit and stop bashing AOE DE just because MS wants to introduce DE on their own platform. When Steam develops a new game, can I play it on other platforms?..Do they release it on Xbox? Nope lol. I have played several other games that are not available on steam…and a few MMO’s that didn’t even work well on steam.

While I understand there are some still on Win 7 & 8 - they can’t expect new things to keep working on old systems for ever, it is simply not possible…the tech world moves fast. Certain things in the new edition probably would not be possible if they had to code it for Win 7 & 8.

Take cell phones, they can cost a lot…but after a few years you have to upgrade most of them even if they are still in good shape because the cell carriers no longer support old tech…new apps won’t work on a flip phone lol. You can keep that old flip phone and maybe make calls…but smart phone toys won’t work on that old flip phone.

I am sure they want beloved fans to enjoy it but attract a new audience also, nothing wrong with that IMO.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

Everyone needs to be patient on the steam issue…I am sure in time AOE DE will also land there, but everyone needs to chill a bit and stop bashing AOE DE just because MS wants to introduce DE on their own platform. When Steam develops a new game, can I play it on other platforms?..Do they release it on Xbox? Nope lol. I have played several other games that are not available on steam…and a few MMO’s that didn’t even work well on steam.

While I understand there are some still on Win 7 & 8 - they can’t expect new things to keep working on old systems for ever, it is simply not possible…the tech world moves fast. Certain things in the new edition probably would not be possible if they had to code it for Win 7 & 8.

Take cell phones, they can cost a lot…but after a few years you have to upgrade most of them even if they are still in good shape because the cell carriers no longer support old tech…new apps won’t work on a flip phone lol. You can keep that old flip phone and maybe make calls…but smart phone toys won’t work on that old flip phone.

I am sure they want beloved fans to enjoy it but attract a new audience also, nothing wrong with that IMO.

Yeah, I gotta say I agree with this. Nobody’s throwing fits because EA is releasing their games only on Origin…when HL2 came out, you had to install Steam to play it, and now everyone loves it. Similarly, nobody’s flipping out about Battle.net, either! I think it’s mostly because of the overly intrusive failure that GFWL was (I still have nightmares of trying to install and play Halo 2 on PC…never got it to work), and now people are just worried that the WinStore will be GFWL 2.0. I trust MS has learned from their mistakes.

So many RM matches in AoE these days, I prefer DM since you instantly get into the fun battles. RM is good when you want an extended build up from nothing type game, but to me gets tedious for relaxing ;p Always have to scout, micro everything, worry about no resources and people sneaking in

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

Steam is not a publisher. Valve is a publisher and they have released games on both Xbox and PlayStation. You make it sound like Valve disappoints their non-PC fan base as much as Microsoft disappoints their non-Xbox fan base, that’s simply not true. I am not even sure Valve has a non-PC fan base, but Microsoft certainly has a non-Xbox fan base. A very commited one at that, probably with the average age of above 20. We played Halo, Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Midtown Madness etc when we grew up and we are patiently waiting for Anything related to that on PC.

Thankfully there’s been progress over the last couple of years. Aoe2hd, halo wars even quantum break and forza for whatever reason. But it seems like Microsoft is changing their mind every couple of weeks or so. Inconsistently switching between releasing on Steam and not. Making the decision to release Quantum Break on Steam, a very “cinematic” game with controller in mind. Making the decision to release Forza on winstore, a racing title best suited with pals on a couch. Not giving us halo, a first-person shooter perfectly suited for keyboard/mouse. Giving us aoe2hd aomee and aoe3 on Steam, but Not aoede.

If they did the EA approach of boycotting steam altogether? Fine. Not keep going back and forth.

Remember that the key customer of MS titles on PC and particularly for AOE are going to be mid-20 PC gamers. They go to winstore and see this ( Imgur: The magic of the Internet ) in the “most popular”-list. It’s not looking good. 3 slot machine games ffs. It’s like a gaming store for everyone under 12 and everyone above 70 but Not for the key customer of an aoe remaster. Release it on Battle.net for all I care, just don’t force me to see the billion of iterations of candy crush saga. It’s going to sell Very poorly on a platform with a majority slot machine gamers.

Lastly. I am incredibly happy that MS at least acknowledges their PC fans, and they are trying. Compared to the GFWL years and beyond. But it’s going to take a lot of convincing and right decisions on the way. For me, I won’t be fully satisfied until I get Halo back on PC, which is unlikely but not impossible.

Also picked up Rise of the Rajas, which was the only one I was missing. Funny enough it was cheaper to buy the entire package (AOEIIHD + the three expansions) than just the Rajas expansion.

@Otani64 said:
Also picked up Rise of the Rajas, which was the only one I was missing. Funny enough it was cheaper to buy the entire package (AOEIIHD + the three expansions) than just the Rajas expansion.

Yea they did me a solid…I had already bought AOE II for $20 and they refunded it so I could buy the whole package for $20.

No time lately for gaming much…real life in the summer is my slow time online lol…the SUN calls B)

@Otani64 said:

I did the same thing, it is nice that steam let’s you take advantage of package deals despite already owning some of the content.

@Raw1812 said:

@Otani64 said:

I did the same thing, it is nice that steam let’s you take advantage of package deals despite already owning some of the content.

Yeah…they didn’t use to do that…no refunds allowed…glad they changed it for those super su.ck games or stuff that you buy and then realize you can’t run it.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@Otani64 said:

Yeah…they didn’t use to do that…no refunds allowed…glad they changed it for those super su.ck games or stuff that you buy and then realize you can’t run it.

You don’t have to refund to get a better deal though, you just need to add the package version of your content to your cart and it applies a discount based on what you already own.

For example, Rise of the Rajas cost 10 USD but in a package it may cost 7 or 8 which is what they charge you if you add the package to your cart while already owning the rest of the content.

@Raw1812 said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@Otani64 said:

You don’t have to refund to get a better deal though, you just need to add the package version of your content to your cart and it applies a discount based on what you already own.

For example, Rise of the Rajas cost 10 USD but in a package it may cost 7 or 8 which is what they charge you if you add the package to your cart while already owning the rest of the content.

I agree…but it doesn’t always work out to the same price. For exp…I bought AOE II for almost $20, if I added what was in the package I didn’t have…it would cost me another $16 for all (total $36)…but the package with all was only $19…so I got the refund…used it to buy the package…and it saved me $16.

So while you still get a discount and the sale on the other items…in this case it worked out better to use the refund.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@Otani64 said:

I agree…but it doesn’t always work out to the same price. For exp…I bought AOE II for almost $20, if I added what was in the package I didn’t have…it would cost me another $16 for all (total $36)…but the package with all was only $19…so I got the refund…used it to buy the package…and it saved me $16.

So while you still get a discount and the sale on the other items…in this case it worked out better to use the refund.

You sly devil, remind me not to haggle with you haha

@Raw1812 said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@Otani64 said:

You sly devil, remind me not to haggle with you haha

lol…you should see me when I get crazy over shoes lmao… :o