FOR TREATY PLAYERS: Whats the point of having new maps if you are going to keep playing Upper Andes?

No, it’s still unbalanced as hell, but let’s take the 3 worst treaty civs
Aztec
Ottoman
India
Aztec get a good boom, they can chop after the treaty ends due to plenty of trees.
The one thing Aztec has going for them is the huge Start army after that they are almost useless. On other maps you run out of resources super fast since your boom is worse. Now with the little bit of extra resources and increased training speed you can push that starting army advantage before you run out of steam and maybe you’re able to win.
Or you sneak stealth jaguars into the natives (the one clear objective) and help your team to get all 4 nats after that you’re almost useless again.

Ottomans and India get the opportunity to split the map and sneak some rax/stables somewhere like the nats or the side. Since you train faster you can actually get stuff out of your buildings before it’s destroyed.if the training time is significantly longer it’s a lot harder to actually get stuff out before it’s destroyed. And yea you can cease fire with India but that’s very situational and has a cooldown.

Plus with India you never run into wood problems since you can go really hard on food before furtrade and chop wood after that. Take Deccan gore example where wood is usually gone in a team game before the treaty ends. And if you want to spam fb you need a wood income before your infinite wood crates finally arrive.

1 Like

Reminds me of the time Deccan was everywhere… right after the GP era. What a time to be alive! :baguette_bread:

2 Likes

Really??? Stealth on treaty, where most players have spies???

ehm you shouldn’t use spies in treaty.

1 Like

I mean The tech, not the unit obviously

… you shouldn’t use spies in treaty until you’ve almost won, if someone refuses to resign

1 Like

I think it is the other way around.

So ignoring the training time, it is also the higher wood reserve in the late game. I see.
So technically, if nats would get an infinite wood supply, then it would partially fix the reasons andes is so popular, right?

I dont use them, but most players do before the treaty end. Im agree with you

How you mass them?? Cause you have just a building…

You don’t, you put them few in key positions.

1st of all getting spies during the treaty time is horrible. 2nd of all andes has proven to be by far the best tr map where the best games take place. That’s why people play it and most maps simply aren’t competetive and give certain civs or or spawns heavy advantages.

3 Likes

Noone has spies unless they’re new to the game. Spies is a heavy investment u can’t afford vs good players. Games that end quickly or due to the use of spies are not competetive in the first place.

2 Likes

Shut up, treaty isnt real.

I have some strong opinion about this. I think than Andes Upper is the best map to eat the ■■■ of who is reading.

neto is here to find people instagram

1 Like

I dont know you. I never saw your name among the big ones.

teach these lads some religion neto, tell them how family works

1 Like

Get the point of this post.

It can’t always be the Andes. And if some civilizations have problems with the times of troop creation, then they should not use an alliance with a certain tribe to be competitive.

They might have some additional upgrade to increase their troop creation speed.

Personally Andes is the map that I like the most in general, but in the variety is the pleasure.

2 Likes

Ceylon is the ideal treaty map.