Forgotten Empires team hires 2 former ES employees.

http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

That> @Plasticcaz said:

http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

I would love if they could invite Bruce Shelley, Tony Goodman, Dave Pottinger or Mark Terrano to help in the game design and graphics, so they could give good advice to the rest of the developers to not being​ creative only, but also meticulous on processing each part of the game in a way that it leaves an impact on the users who play the game, because they are responsible for the legacy this game has given to a whole generation of players around the world.

@Plasticcaz said:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

Probably they are for working on AOE DE and not AoE 2 HD.

@smitske said:

@Plasticcaz said:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

Probably they are for working on AOE DE and not AoE 2 HD.

yea, FE works now for AOE:DE and skybox for AOE:DE

I wrote this post before AOE:DE was announced. I think we know now what they have primarily been working on. :wink:

@tempires said:

@smitske said:

@Plasticcaz said:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

Probably they are for working on AOE DE and not AoE 2 HD.

yea, FE works now for AOE:DE and skybox for AOE:DE

FE also works on AoE 2 EE.

@smitske said:

@tempires said:

@smitske said:

@Plasticcaz said:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

Probably they are for working on AOE DE and not AoE 2 HD.

yea, FE works now for AOE:DE and skybox for AOE:DE

FE also works on AoE 2 EE.

Cysion said they focus on AOE:DE: Cysion’s comment

basically they are not working on AOE2:HD if they aren’t currently working new DLC. (and most likely they don’t have enough members to work on that as most of them are working on AOE:DE)

@tempires said:

@smitske said:

@tempires said:

@smitske said:

@Plasticcaz said:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

Probably they are for working on AOE DE and not AoE 2 HD.

yea, FE works now for AOE:DE and skybox for AOE:DE

FE also works on AoE 2 EE.

Cysion said they focus on AOE:DE: Cysion’s comment

basically they are not working on AOE2:HD if they aren’t currently working new DLC. (and most likely they don’t have enough members to work on that as most of them are working on AOE:DE)

Engineering wise, but FE does most of the graphics, balance etc for the other games while skybox ruins the engineering.

@smitske said:

@tempires said:

@smitske said:

@tempires said:

@smitske said:

@Plasticcaz said:
http://www.forgottenempires.net/former-ensemble-studios-lead-engineers-join-fe-team

Discuss.

Probably they are for working on AOE DE and not AoE 2 HD.

yea, FE works now for AOE:DE and skybox for AOE:DE

FE also works on AoE 2 EE.

Cysion said they focus on AOE:DE: Cysion’s comment

basically they are not working on AOE2:HD if they aren’t currently working new DLC. (and most likely they don’t have enough members to work on that as most of them are working on AOE:DE)

Engineering wise, but FE does most of the graphics, balance etc for the other games while skybox ruins the engineering.

graphics and most balance is done when adding new dlc (and as AOE:DE is fully under FE very unlikely they are currently doing them for aoe2:HD dlc). upcomming patches are mostly technical stuff that skybox does, maybe couple FE members might be somewhat involved.

I dont fully know what they are doing for AoE 2 at the moment, if its purely mechanical then yes its skybox incompetent, but balancing, campaigns, graphics wise its the FE team. If things still happen on that its people from FE.