Forum Rank System


#1

Hey all!

We’ve just implemented an updated version of our old forum ranks! Check them out here:

Idle Villager:0-3 comments
Scout Cavalry: 4-50 posts
Ox Cart: 51-200 posts
Musketeer: 201-500 posts
Crossbowman: 501-1,000 posts
Knight: 1,001-2,500 posts
Champion: 2,501-4,500 posts
War Elephant: 4,501-7,000 posts
Titan: 7,001-10,000 posts
High Priest of Wololo: 10,001+ posts


#2

Since I have over 1K comments shouldn’t I be a Knight?

@CheeseOnToast has over 1K comments and his rank is Ox Cart (51-200 posts).

@Augustusman has over 1K comments and his rank is Musketeer (201-500 posts).


#3

hmmm that is a good point. I think this platform only counts actual original posts in the rank count, but I’ll look into it and see if we can make it countthat and comments!


#4

@jennywaboom said:
hmmm that is a good point. I think this platform only counts actual original posts in the rank count, but I’ll look into it and see if we can make it countthat and comments!

Hmm…the forum seems to be in the process of awarding forum members the right rank. @CheeseOnToast was just awarded Knight.


#5

@Hermcules said:

@jennywaboom said:
hmmm that is a good point. I think this platform only counts actual original posts in the rank count, but I’ll look into it and see if we can make it countthat and comments!

Hmm…the forum seems to be in the process of awarding forum members the right rank. @CheeseOnToast was just awarded Knight.

Ah, well good! Hopefully that continues! I did just do a LOT of updating in the rank system, so it might take a bit.


#6

No forum ranks for moderators?


#7

Woohoo I’m famous.


#8

@CheeseOnToast said:
Woohoo I’m famous.

All hail Sir CheeseOnToast!


#9

Since I was a child I always wanted to be an Ox Cart. :neutral:


#10

Interestingly @Augustusman is still a Musketeer and not a Knight.


#11

But how does this help to fight spam?

Strong as an Ox Cart I noticed the forum is still flooded with the same amounts of daily spam. If I wanted I could reach the High Priest of Wololo rank within one day btw, happily they do it manually. o:)

Okay, I understand it’s easier to filter out all the spam messages this way. So next step probably should be to hold the idle villagers postings in a queue some time for moderator approval until they reached the next level.

And we all love queueing don’t we. :smiley:

Good to see you guys are working on this part too.


#12

lel, you could literally see that lot of new accounts are created just for the contests. You can see how close one contest post matches with another. (To spot a cheater, just see their style of post/creative work) Also, there is a lot of camaraderie going on. For instance, one guy just agrees and likes to another guy’s posts like 1000 times, so one side can get badges and stars, and cares about his “being infamous”. And in return that guys does the same thing to guy who helped him. If he/she reads this, they will know automatically. Not need to be name calling. Not being an a-hole, but just pointing out the broken system and bitter truth. Only guys take interest in these are the console players. Those who worry about points and achievement. Is it gonna help you fix spam system, no.

If you really want to fix everything, get rid of points and badges. Otherwise, nothing will change. Shame.


#13

So… now I’m an Ox Cart. It’s the best thing that happened to me since AoE IV announcement.


#14

idle villager - but still im very happy. and every night I always login my account :slight_smile: (active everyday)
hahaha… sometimes were always looking for some “idle villager” right? :smiley:


#15

@NormChanger said:
lel, you could literally see that lot of new accounts are created just for the contests. You can see how close one contest post matches with another. (To spot a cheater, just see their style of post/creative work) Also, there is a lot of camaraderie going on. For instance, one guy just agrees and likes to another guy’s posts like 1000 times, so one side can get badges and stars, and cares about his “being infamous”. And in return that guys does the same thing to guy who helped him. If he/she reads this, they will know automatically. Not need to be name calling. Not being an a-hole, but just pointing out the broken system and bitter truth. Only guys take interest in these are the console players. Those who worry about points and achievement. Is it gonna help you fix spam system, no.

If you really want to fix everything, get rid of points and badges. Otherwise, nothing will change. Shame.

I mean, it will fix the issue with spam bots we’ve been having lately (hopefully)

As to someone cheating the point system there is no real contest associated with it just bragging rights, so it’s not a huge deal. And really if someone spams comments trying to gain the rank of High Priest of Wololo they are going to annoy everyone, be reported for spam and I will block them. Simple as that.

We will not be getting rid of the points and badges, as most people here seem to like it, and we like to do what we can to reward our helpful and engaged community members! At some point we will probably try to add some more fun badges even! As you are ranked Ox Cart yourself you are probably one of those engaged community members, so I hope you grow to enjoy the rank system, and have fun with it :wink:


#16

@WildestWolf153 said:
idle villager - but still im very happy. and every night I always login my account :slight_smile: (active everyday)

hahaha… sometimes were always looking for some “idle villager” right? :smiley:

And look, you’ve already uped it to Scout Cavalry!


#17

@jennywaboom I don’t think you quite got me of what I was saying.


#18

@PCS70 said:
But how does this help to fight spam?

Strong as an Ox Cart I noticed the forum is still flooded with the same amounts of daily spam. If I wanted I could reach the High Priest of Wololo rank within one day btw, happily they do it manually. o:)

Okay, I understand it’s easier to filter out all the spam messages this way. So next step probably should be to hold the idle villagers postings in a queue some time for moderator approval until they reached the next level.

And we all love queueing don’t we. :smiley:

Good to see you guys are working on this part too.

Yeah if we get desperate we will likely change Idle Villagers to go directly to the moderation queue, although I would like to avoid it, since sometimes posts can sit in there for longer than I would like (us Mods and Admins are busy sometimes) and I’d hate to make Idle Villagers who AREN’T spamming wait that long…

For now we’ve changed it so people have to post 3 comments before they make it to Scout Cavalry, so not having the ability to create new discussions should hopefully help more!


#19

@jennywaboom For that you always could put my spamfilter in between, made a much better version btw. Let’s just hope it will not be necessary at all.


#20

@jennywaboom I meant the actual contest. There are guys with 1 comment and that comment is wololo Wednesdays. Some cheaters cheat that system, just so they can win the prize. You may look, lot of winners you choose are never to be seen, for the next month wololo Wednesday, there will be more 1 star account with last active “this” day, account created “this day” They sure are looser not winners. Other way to tell the connection is just look at their submission, trust me, a cheater has not creativity, his/her re submission will look exactly same, with the same format.