These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.102.8319.0 (#73855) 10078593
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Game drops from 60fps to 40fps consistently after either 1, 2 or 3 multiplayer games. It never recovers, even when the game ends and you return to the menu. I am using very capable hardware with 10GB 3080 and a Ryzen 5 3600. I’ve now spent 10-20 games testing this so I am pretty sure it’s a bug. I slowly cut the mods down until I was only using tall trees and eventually I even played some games with zero mods, and the bug persisted.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) Eventually, I cannot go more than 3 games without this occuring.
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Use a 4k monitor and play in 4K but without the UHD graphics pack. Play on the lowest graphical settings possible, other than v-sync. Be zoomed out.
- Play a game of ranked ladder 1 v 1 RM, then a second, possibly a third.
- Use an FPS counter to watch it drop and never recover. I have asked opponents if their game is also low FPS when it drops for me, but it doesn’t drop for them. My opponent was recently showing 90fps whilst mine had plummeted to 40 on a 60hz monitor. I have reproduced this about 20 times now and I cannot see a pattern.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Smooth gameplay at a continued framerate
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
fps drop aoe2 4k non-uhd - Album on Imgur
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
At about 13:36 in game time was when the drop in frames happened. I tried to mark it by building some palisade foundations, but of course it was a couple of seconds after the event.
I have also uploaded a log file which should cover the game in question.