FPS loss at scenario start, then performance stabilizes over time

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam (probably Microsoft Store version as well)
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

When playing any scenario, whether it is a singleplayer or a multiplayer-based one, there is a loss in frames at start. Then, the frame rates get better and flow normally (or close to normal).

• I don’t know if this happens all the time a scenario starts, but it’s pretty frequent I would say.
  • Although I have a low-end computer, I’ve seen this happening to a youtuber with a high-end PC as well.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Make sure you have an FPS counter, and that it is on.
  2. Obviously, in order to test this, one would need to disable vertical sync within the graphics driver (if available)
  3. Start any game.
  4. See the frames per second counter.

Expected Behavior:

That the game preloads/precaches all necessary files and scripts before map starts, to prevent lag issues and frame drops at any time after the scenario starts.

2 Likes

Yes, I also noticed that when you start/load the scenario for the first 5 minutes there is a jump in FPS

2 Likes

Minutes? Don’t you mean seconds? :flushed:

Minutes. The jump isn’t critical, but it’s still noticeable. The computer is powerful.

3 Likes

It’s a loading problem, my laptop has an HDD light indicator and if I look at it while the scenario is loading it starts blinking rapidly.

3 Likes

This has to be addressed sometime. I consider this a serious issue since the first moments are CRUCIAL to a growing economy.

1 Like

This is still an issue in build 46777. I now have a much newer PC, and still get these stutters while playing. I don’t recall such frame loss playing the sequel.

1 Like

Yes, I am now having this problem. It is very strange as I never had it before until recently. Lasts for a few seconds when starting a custom game. I recently played through the campaigns and this did not happen to me once.

Very odd.

1 Like