Francisco de Almedia third mission "Ruins of Empires" randomly crashes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.61591.0 8647032
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When playing the third mission of Francisco de Almeida campaign, Ruins of Empires, the game randomly crashes around the 1:55:00 and 2:05:00 in-game time, even though not really sure if the issue is related to how much time has passed. It occurs after defeating Kilwa (Red player).

When I was on my way to attack Mombassa (Yellow player), the came crashes. So I’ve restored the last save point and when to attack Bandu (Orange player), and the game crashed as well.

I suspected that grabbing a certain relic in the middle of the map had anything to do with the game crash, but after dropping it, the game will crash too.

After changing the game language, I could be able to advance some minutes, but the game will end crashing at some point.

I’m attaching a game recording where the crashing occurs, and the game crashes as well when playing the recording!

I’ve restarted the mission a couple of times and the crashing is inevitable.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play third mission of Francisco de Almeida campaign “Empire of Ruins”
  2. Defeat Kilwa (Red player) and take your time to develop
  3. Go to the northeast part of the map to attack Orange/Yellow players. At some point, the game will crash.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Naturally, the game should continue and let me play normally.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

FRANCISCO.aoe2spgame - Google Drive (Savegame, it should crash after a few minutes)

SP Replay v101.101.61591.0 @2022.05.27 202439.aoe2record - Google Drive (Game recording, it crashes the game as well)

Hi @NaxoR93 !

We are now tracking this issue.

Thank you for the report and providing these files! :slight_smile:

1 Like