Free Kipchaks not selected with normal kipchaks when double clicking to "select all"

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 83607
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I had bought the UT for 10 free kipchaks, double clicked one kipchak to select them all and control group them, but only the normal kipchaks were selected, and the same if I selected the free ones.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

It only happened once but I think it’s a big enough bug and was very noticeable that I submitted immediately.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play Cumans
  2. have two castles producing kipchaks
  3. Get UT for 10 free kipchaks
  4. Free kipchaks are produced and on the field with normal kipchaks
  5. double click on one kipchak to select all kipchaks
  6. only one type of kipchak will be selected by this method (either normally produced or free from the UT)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
all kipchaks should have been selected

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Here you can see I have 17 kipchaks

but when I double clicked one kipchak, expecting all to be selected, only 7 are selected. If I double click one of the unselected ones, it selects the other 10

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.102.18071.0 #(83607) @2023.05.18 181020 (2).aoe2record (5.0 MB)

I’m in no condition to check your replay but, were you selecting nonElite kipchaks and free kiochaks OR were you selecting Elite kipchaks and free kipchaks?

2 Likes

omg I am so dense lol - that was the issue. I never realised the UT gives Elite Kipchaks.

2 Likes