French AI always revolts during treaty

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.13.29985.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Whenever you play a treaty game with France as an AI player always revolts to French Revolution. This usually happens around 10 minutes and so if it is a longer treaty game the AI will do nothing for the rest of the treaty period even though the Sans-culotte are able to gather resources.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a treaty game
  2. Have France as a AI player
  3. Play game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
AI should vary their strategy or at least still be able to collect resources since the Sans-culotte are still be able to collect resources.

3 Likes

This is still happening even on PUP.

Yeah, the AI gets messed up on revolts.

1. Some revolt units that can gather resources will not do so, like here. The code doesnt recognize them as gatherers I guess.

2. When villagers turn into military units, they still stick around trying to gather resources.

I recommend not allowing military revolts till the AI knows how to handle them. Like South Africa is fine.

I still see this bug nowadays. It’s irritating, each game with a French AI have to be reset, since “Sans-Culotte” are not tagged as settlers, AI doesn’t consider them as such, doesn’t collect any ressources and just send military card when it can.

Any visibility on a fix ?

Not that it couldn’t be fun to have AI revolting from time to time in treaty, but only if they are able to “redo” the econony just after. (and are able to suicide units if they can’t have to pop with revolutionaries)

1 Like

I had another game today where the AI just gave up by sending the 47 Ronin card.

These cards should not be used by the AI. It can’t handle all in revolts and dies.

And AI villagers that transform into military still try to gather from rice paddies.

Just giving an update, France still doesn’t work in treaties, when controlled by the AI. I did a 60 minute treaty, they raced to the French Revolution, and basically died. When I did attack after the 60 minutes, their san-culottes straight up ran away, even though they could quite ably defend themselves.

1 Like