FRENCH civilization is too STRONG

THE FRENCH ARE TOO STRONG, IN THE ECONOMY AND ALSO IN ATTACK, THEIR AGRESIVE BEHAVIOR IS TOO FAST FOR THE OTHER PEOPLES. MY IDEA, … EITHER THE FRENCH IN THEIR CALAVARIA WOULD BE WEAKENED (WOULD NOT BE SIGNED BECAUSE YOUR ECONOMY IS BLOOMING IN A SHORT TIME ON THAT I HAVE SO MANY RESOURCES IN THE 2-3 AGE THAT I DON’T HAVE TO GIVE EIGHT MORE TO THIS) … … SO MAKE IT SLOW, … OR THE IDEA I RATHER MORE RECOMMENDED, A NEW PEOPLE, … NAME … VIKINGS … THESE PEOPLE COULD PROCEED GOOD AGAINST THE FRENCH, MAKE IT EXACTLY AS FAST AS A PEOPLE … … AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE IN BALANCE, … I WOULD NOT HAVE TO WALK SO FAR, IN HISTORY THE VIKINGS HAVE GOOD SHIPS; BUT; THESE SHIPS WERE INTENDED TO TRANSPORT TROOPS FROM A- — TO ---- B, AND NOT TO EXECUTE SLAUGHTERS, … MARRIAGE AT RAEFAST FORCE. … (SPEARBARTERS, AX WARRIORS, WELL ARMORED SWORD WARRIORS, … YOUR SPECIAL FEATURES STEEL DAMASK, GOOD AMBOWS RUNNERS). … I REALLY ASK THE FRENCH TO BALANCES … OR TO CREATE A PEOPLE OF YOUR STRENGTH …

Bro. The mongols exist. If French go calv make spears.

5 Likes

The French Civ is rather fine at the moment. Even Delhi holds its own against them.

Horses are countered by spears. If he makes archers / MaA, those are countered easily by mangonel.

4 Likes

Does not compute. My brain is… mal…func…

Imagine if Delhi spears actually worked though.

Let’s go Delhi! Let’s get it above 48%!!!

1 Like

Spears still work in spite of their issues as a counter to early cavalry, as well as later on if you can get elephants into the mix, as both counter Knights at that point. Bring a few relic-monks along to try conversions as well. Whatever can be done should be done until fixes are delivered.

48% should be 51% with bug fixes. :frowning:

I’d lose my shed if that happened.

I practically only play Delhi and Abbasid, so it would be nice to get some love lol.

1 Like

Spears counter french really well. Knights are very expensive but you can make spears very cheap.

1 Like

Try not posting a thread in all caps if you want to be taken seriously…

7 Likes

I think Cav is OK, but French faster villager build time - this is too overpowered.

1 Like

There is a button on the left of your keyboard. About halfway down. It should have the title “caps lock”. If you press it, you will be able to talk normally again, and people will take you more seriously.

5 Likes

Please no, French are in a good spot right now, they alongside the English are the only civilizations that are properly balanced.

Not weak like Abbasids while not being as OP as Rus or Mongols either.

3 Likes

Caps + broken English, ah, a man of culture.

1 Like

Rus and Mongols: hur?

1 Like

You are about 2 months later for the French OP party my dude.

6 Likes

French is fine along with English, Mongol and Rus are danger.

2 Likes

It depends on your ELO position really:

https://aoe4world.com/stats/civilizations?rating=>1600

< 1200 ELO games show French in the 2nd position.
1200 - 1400 ELO games show French in the 3rd position.
1400+ ELO games show French in the 4th position.
1500+ ELO games show French in the 5th position.
1600+ ELO games show French in the 6th position.

Yeah this sounds about right, I’m over here like… bro French are bad :rofl:

I have never lost to a french player, they’re a very mid civ at best, OP must be playing a different game than me.

do u really think that? Im no pro and me and my ally (unknown, not friends, not pre-made etc) always beat france with spearmen. Maybe you were in hands of pro french players.

My English is seit yeah, my languege is germany, but…ok.

1. French had so many Buffs (the Expansion is so fast)
    In the first 12–15 min 3800 of every Ressource,
    and the Army stand. The 3 Landmark is like fin.

2. French so fast and aggressive, i can with the first landmarker,(Evolution) Spam my opponents with Kavallerie,(my first landmark ist the Markt, Not the Kavallerie School, by the way)… i can hold the opponent down,…

3. Speer vs french Kavallerie, ok… but in/behind the next forest, stand my Speer and my arbalètrier. …

4.arbalètrier, this Infanterie is rallye heavy, with Upgrades much strenger

1. Free Technologie…

2. Barn and Shooting Range they stand by a castle Produce 20% cheaper

3. dealer come back with a Ressource of Your’e choice.

4. Villager 10,15,20 % faster Produce

Etc…

But ok i Would say that, i think the french in the right Hands… Too Strong… if you know what to do…

But yess, when the other Civil… becoms a buf. So is french very nice.

Im not sure that I would agree these things make the french OP or if you just listed all of the unique civ characteristics, I feel like the way you describe the french is accurate to how they should be played by design, I think they’re supposed to be an early game rush civ, i.e. the early strong knights and quick early eco, if you’re able to keep their knight rush away until age 3 you should be able to easily push back as any other civ.

I personally feel that the french and English economies can develop at the same rates(I have played both and gauged both at times intervals), so why are we not discussing nerfing the English? (Please don’t, it’s rhetorical)

I think the buff to spearmen was really all that was needed as far as balance goes, maybe some water balancing but I’ll admit I don’t play water maps in their current state.

3 Likes