Frequent Crashes in Menu

Hey,

For quite some time now (at least 2 months), I’ve experienced some crashes while not playing. Instead every click done in the menus, be it in the options, looking for games or selecting teams and civilizations feels like it has a chance to crash the game. The crash is just a short freeze with everything closing afterwards and no error message. This perceived chance of crashing the game seems to vary from day to day and usually I just live with it because once I get into the game everything works just fine. But this chance was increasing lately, resulting in me crashing over 50 times today without getting into a single game.

What I have tried to fix it:

• Updated display drivers
  • Whitelist the game in the firewall settings, even disabling the firewall once
  • Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
  • Verified the game file integrity with no errors
  • Reinstalled the game
  • Disabled all mods
  • Disconnected additional monitors and tried Windowed mode
  • Increased Page file memory as mentioned here: Game crash every time i try to start a game

Also I always get a “SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary() has been triggered. Aborting Startup.” Popup when launching the game, but that might be unrelated.

Additional Information:

1. Build: 101.101.36202.0 4819260
  2. Platform: Steam
  3. Operating System: Windows 10
  4. Dxdiag: See attached file.
  5. Crash/game logs These are always the last lines in the logs; File System Ready
    Launching intro video AOEIIDE_TITLEVIDEO
    Skipping video due to commandline
    Closing video
    Setting up interface messages
    Loading player profile
    Setting up hotkeys
    Total Initialization Time: 11827 ms
    Running Game
    Total Texture Load Time: 0 ms
    Loading player profile
    Setting up hotkeys
    Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ffb2ac20000