Frequent game crashes during my custom scenario since the update of Mountain Royals

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

  • GAME BUILD #: 101.102.31440.0 (#96976) 12626487
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED


I have a custom scenario that runs normally. However, after the recent update of Mountain Royals at the early November, the custom scenario crashes much more frequently. A crash could just happen after playing for a few minutes.

After the update in November, I have preserved the previous local game files to keep my custom scenario work as before. However, recently I find that I can no longer launch the game with the old game files. Only after I update the local game files can I launch the game but now I have to face this crash problem.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

It is quite hard to reproduce this crash by others… because my custom scenario relies heavily on xs script which reads data from file system frequently (which is written by other program!). Nevertheless I include a crash dump link below, hoping the developer could shed some light on it, giving some insights of the game crashes…

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

In the previous version of AoE2DE (before the update of Mountain Royals at Nov 1), the custom scenario should not crash easily even when the framerate of the game drops to <10 fps. But now it crashes after the scenario is played for about 15 minutes.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

The game just crashes unpredictably with a bugsplat window.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I have included my logs and dumps in the link below: