Friend-or-Foe colors do not carry on to the chat screen

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Any
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Ayase_Chihaya

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

If inside of a match I open the chat menu to check for player civs, they will still be shown in their individual colors even if I have “friends-or-foe” feature on. In the original game they would show as blue-yellow-red.
The issue with the change is that if I want to check enemy civs on a 4v4, having friends-or-foe colors on and opening the chat meant I could quickly glance through red player civs to find out the civs in their team, it was similarly very easy to read my team’s civilizations. Now I need to carefully read nicknames to figure it out, but in a multiplayer game every 25s I need to queue a villager, I need to keep my scout moving, lure deers, micro sheep vils, lure boar, etc etc, so it was beneficial to be able to check civilizations in a very quick glance.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Turn on friend-or-foe colors
  2. Open “chat” menu during a match
  3. Notice that enemies are not all red, allies yellow and you blue, as they were on the original game.
1 Like

Thank you for the report! We’ll have someone take a look and see whether there’s a way to improve the look of the chat window!

1 Like