Full desktop mode

I don’t find full desktop mode very helpful because it spans everything, not just the gameplay across both screens. so if you’re in the lobby browser, options menu, single player menu, etc, whatever is in the middle of both screens gets cut in half. Also, while I am in game and I want to issue a command, I have to move my mouse all the way through both screens to reach the bottom left corner in order to finish my command. If I do main playing from the left side screen, then my minimap is all the way on the bottom right of my other screen.

I just want the other screen so that I can see more of what’s going on at a time. I think a good solution would be to have an option for full desktop mode, to mirror everything except the actual map while you are playing, including the resource bar on the top and the minimap and command square (thing in bottom left corner), across both screens. What are your thoughts?

I’m not sure about the menu, but in a game, you can mod the game’s UI layout files to move the UI elements.

I currently play in 54:9 across 3 1080p screens. To make this easier I modded my UI to have all the important bits on the center screen while using the side screens for a bit of peripheral vision: https://imgur.com/a/vF5XHu2