Gaia sheep disappear in fog after being scouted by Player sheep in Editor's created scenario

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36906.0 4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: DarioMangoni or uriziel

Issue:

Maps created by the Editor have this awful bug.
(Gaia’s) sheeps that are discovered by other (Player’s) sheeps disappear in the fog when they go out-of-sight, instead of remaining visible.
On the contrary, sheeps in default maps remain visible.

Please mind: I’m not expecting that the Gaia sheep is converted!!.
I know that herdables do not convert!
I’m just expecting that the sheep should stay visible in the map.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. create a blank scenario with Editor
  2. add a Gaia sheep
  3. add a Player1’s sheep (+ a villager to not be defeated)
  4. scout the Gaia sheep with the Player1’s sheep --> the Gaia sheep will appear
  5. move the Player1’s sheep so that the Gaia sheep is out-of-sight
    Then the expected behaviour is that the Gaia’s sheep should remain visible (as happens in any default map), instead the sheep disappear, hidden behind the fog.

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: https://vimeo.com/418416443
:heavy_check_mark: DxDiag.txt (104.8 KB)

2 Likes

This is intentional. This feature is there to remain consistent with the original game where this would happen, and to allow scenario makers to play with fog of war and visibility as it pleases them, for cutscenes and such.

Sorry, I don’t get your point.

Here an image of what I expect if the video was unclear

What do you mean by “consistent with the original game”? What is the original game?
Because in all the AoE II games I have AoE II DE, HD and even for Conquerors, sheeps do remain visible.
So I don’t understand which is such “original game” that you are talking about.

And if scenario makers would like to “play with the fog” wouldn’t be a best idea to provide, as default behaviour, the one that comes embedded with any other map i.e. having sheeps that remain visible in the map after being scouted?
Anf if it is something that we can play with, where this option can be enabled/disabled?

I just looked into it.

This issue happened in UserPatch 1.4 when a bug that would cause gaia’s scenario civ styling to be reverted during gameplay was fixed. You were right the sheep issue isn’t present on 1.0c nor HD because the gaia bug is not fixed.
This was later corrected in UserPatch 1.5 to address the invisible sheep. I guess the devs didn’t notice the problem when they fixed the gaia civ issue for DE.

1 Like