Game civilitzations

• Vikings (Must be!)

• Sarracens (Or other civ related to the medieval arab
world.)

• Spanish ( The leading power of that timeframe)

• Incas ( The devs mentioned them a Time ago)

2 Likes

You forgot about the Franks.

1 Like

Why must be?

I think Turks are more likely

Franks would be better due to English being in game, you can’t have only english or only french/franks

Yes

Khmer
Franks
Incas
Ethiopians

5 Likes

byzantines because they played a major role in that time period(or rome in general i guess since they were some interesting ideas of different playstyles that it can have)
turks or muslims since they were really important aswhell
vikings as a “barbarian” faction (though other civ can get this role aswhell and they can also be sea focused )
last but not least Incas or any other “War chiefs” civilitation

2 Likes

I would love to see Egyptian civilization

Campaign 1 - English and Franks
Campaign 2 - Spain and Aztecs (Or Inca/Mayan)
Campaign 3 - Mongol and Chinese
Campaign 4 - Delhi and Ottomans (Although I don´t know if there is any historical connection)

6 Likes

Hi, im new in forum. its my first day haha.

Well, my list is:

-Franks (France): 100 years war
-Vikings: campaing reveals this people
-Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine empire): most important empire in high meddle age
-Holy Roman Empire: well, germans. that way, we would have the trinity german-france-england

And packs in the future may be cultural packs (americas, more europeans, middle east, africans, etc)

7 Likes

I think Vikings have to be in the game. The Norman Campaign would not make any sense without the Vikings. As for the other three civilizations I don’t know but I believe they should be some of the ones mentioned in the discussion.

1 Like

I think they will first look at civilizations which had very distinctive cultural, scientific, or military features so they get ideas on how to make the gameplay when playing those civs unique. If we start from this i think there will be a civ with really strong water, meso civs are very distinct too and probably something like the ottoman empire which was really strong and maybe a unique mechanic linked to faith, religion.

So i would say :

• Franks with an unknown features (maybe a white flag who knows)
  • Strong water civ - either vikings or portuguese
  • Incas with something linked to sacrifice maybe (sacrifice some to make others stronger)
  • Ottomans with buffs linked to religion
1 Like

I would love to see an African civ that is not DLC and that comes out at release. I think there’s so much unique potential for an African civ based on how much work the devs have put in to the unique traits of each civ. Also there must be a Mezo civ upon release. I would love to play my Mayans in the new game!

3 Likes

I think there won’t be any african and maybe no american civ on release. They will start with big names that more people know, and especially ones that can be mixed with each other in campaigns.
Franks are already confirmed, not officially but they appear in the tournament image where you can see blue player pikemen and swordsmen with the “fleur de lis” in their backs and shields respectively.

There is also a part where we can see what seem to be longboats, so norse might be also other civ.

1 Like

I’ll paste my prediction posted in AOE IV forum:

I guess we’re going to have Aztecs, Ethiopians and two between HRE/Franks/Byzantines/Abbasids.
They told us they were talking to people native to places in game. I can’t imagine this meaning just Europe, India, China and Mongolia. Anyway, they can do the campaigns the same way they did with AOE 3 DE, adding some pseudo-civs that fulfill the campaigns needs

1 Like

Will AoE4 be the first Age game in 23 years to deign a civilization from the Americas worthy enough to include in a launch? The Incas were geographically the largest empire on the planet during this time. Meanwhile Mesoamerica was the most densely populated area on earth.

8 Likes

The Inca Empire at its peak in 1527

Territory coverage: 2 million square kilometers

Total population: 8-10 million

It’s hard to see where the largest empire and the largest population were in the middle ages.d3840afa513d26977db3be1542fbb2fb4216d8fa

4 Likes

Yes everyone keeps saying this but it’s irrelevant as in a pre globalised world there was no contact between the Americas and the Eurasian land masses and the civilisations developed differently to one another. I always hated how the American civs were clumsily integrated into AOE2. The Incas did not have siege weapons, castles or navies. No steel or mounts either. How would they go up against European fortresses? Crossbows? Cavalry charges? And so on? And the answer is we don’t know because it never happened. So then the question arises how do we depict it in a game in a way that seems genuine? And again the answer is we can’t unless we make it pure fantasy and just make it up which I don’t want this game to be.

Honestly they should just make a medieval game based purely on American civs as its own seperate thing. I would totally play that game.

4 Likes

I think the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantines) makes a lot more sense than specifically the Ottomans as they fit the period better. They were present during the whole middle ages whereas the Ottomans are only a matter of the last century or so, generally replacing the Byzantines (gaining power as the Roman power faded).

3 Likes

Incas? I wish it came true, it would be sensational especially with the level of detail they want to add to each civ in aoe IV, although, knowing that you are an insider … something you should know .

1 Like

Better be Aztecs, they were important in the discovery of dae new world

1 Like

Here are my bets:

1. French
  2. Vikings
  3. Arabs
  4. Byzantines
3 Likes

I guess that they will only implement civs that have a significantly different design and gameplay, so I guess it’ll be:

Norse,
A Slavic civ,
Byzantine,
An American civ

As for Franks, they’ll be most likely campaign only with England as a base

3 Likes